Third Row Seat Removal Question - Broken Latch "A" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all-
Did forum search and didn't find anything on this subject.
We are getting ready for a trip across country to Burning man, and went to remove the third row seats and I seem to have a broken latch "A", which is making releasing the catches impossible. Either the cable snapped, or i'm dealing with something else entirely.

Has anyone had this issue? Any way to work around it?
Thanks in advance.

If it's similar to the issue I have with mine, just use some pliers to grab the cable end and pull it towards you to open the jaws on the floor mounts. The plastic grab handle on mine no longer retains the cable so I have to do this everytime I move my seats.

If it's similar to the issue I have with mine, just use some pliers to grab the cable end and pull it towards you to open the jaws on the floor mounts. The plastic grab handle on mine no longer retains the cable so I have to do this everytime I move my seats.
Thank you, I will look for the cable end and do this! Don't think I'll ever put them back in until we start ferrying passengers!

Check the pics I posted in this thread:
How to get 3rd row seats to stow away at true 90 degree angle?

You're likely missing the little black plastic rod retainers. Advance auto sells a rod clip assortment pack by Dorman. The black retainer in this kit works perfect for the 3rd row lever. You can also just put the rod in the little hole on the backside of the handle and get it to operate without the clips.

Check the pics I posted in this thread:
How to get 3rd row seats to stow away at true 90 degree angle?

You're likely missing the little black plastic rod retainers. Advance auto sells a rod clip assortment pack by Dorman. The black retainer in this kit works perfect for the 3rd row lever. You can also just put the rod in the little hole on the backside of the handle and get it to operate without the clips.
This forum never ceases to amaze.
Thank you, labcab!

When I pull the release latch for the third row seat, it doesn't unhinge the seats from the floor bracket. Any suggestions on how to release manually?

I seem to be having this problem. Did you ever get it resolved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom