Thinking of selling. Whats it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1991 80 series. 222,XXX miles. White with blue interior (interior almost perfect). No rust, body straight and paint good. Custom rear storage, 2" OME, ARB bumper and 6K Warn winch, New 285s on 16" factory alloys, too many new parts including brakes all around to list.

Problems:

A/C Clutch went on me this weekend during a 600 mile trip to the mountains and steering gear box is leaking.

Was thinking about selling to get a Subaru Outback or Forester. What should I ask for it?
LC4.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC1.jpg

It all depends... If you get someone who knows about these trucks and appreciates them i could see it going for $5k. If its just a regular joe shmoe that wants a truck... $2-$3. Does anyone agree?

Prices are all over the place depending where you are. For the general public, you'll have to compare to what's available in SC. For the MUD community, the 3FE is an obstacle except for the few of us who love the motor . I think 5K would be fair if the AC were operational & steering box was not leaking. Those aren't an inexpensive fix.

I would be interested but I'd have to get rid of a couple of vehicles to justify the purchase.

Good Luck,
Ken

I would fix it and keep it,,tryed to sell mine twice and when i started getting good offers i decided to keep it,i couldent find anything out there to replace it with...

Hmm.... tough to say..... I would actually say you would sell it for more off of mud.

There are a few things against you for a mud sale. People on here like to pick out any and every flaw.

The winch is too small for an 80
That ARB bumper isn't mad for an 80 unless it has been drastically modified.
3FE motor

For me the second two isn't htat big of a deal but a 6k winch is way too small for one.

I'd say take it to the local car lot and sell it for 5k.... you should be easily be able to find someone to buy it for you. Unless a truck is perfect the mud crowd tends to try and whittle down the price.

Good luck with the sale but I'd have to say you will miss it once it is gone.

Why? I have a subi and prefer my 80 in every aspect except accelleration.
I would say 5k also. Most people will think it's a gutless truck with a lot of miles. People that appreciate the 80 won't like the 3FE, winch, ect. Good luck with your decision.

I dont really want to sell it but drive sooo much all over to paddle and ride mountain bikes it kills me fuel wise. Need something with about half the miles I can get in and go for half the gas. I am sure if I end up fixing the AC I will keep it. Hell might just go buy another car and keep it anyway.

Yes 6K is too small in general but with a snatch block I double my pull strength and I dont do any hard core off road anyway.

Personally, I would keep it & buy a cheap 2nd vehicle too.

the prices on ebay have been super high lately however being a 3fe and the lack of ac hard for people in the summer time) id say 5k and it should sell. I would personally bring it to close to stock as you can legitimize and then sell the other bits on mud and craigslist. You'll probably make more money in the end.

Everyone I know that has had an 80 and sold it regretted it unless they were getting another, better 80. It is a unique vehicle in that it is solid as a rock, climbs like a billy goat yet has room for a bunch of people and gear.

Think it over carefully. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to keep mine. Given that all of the auto manufacturers are focused on delivering more fuel efficient vehicles to the US, it might be difficult to get another 4x4 with a solid front axle that is as thick and sturdy as an 80 series.

Just had my a/c repaired. I too originally thought it was the clutch, but it turned out that the compressor had grenaded. Cost $1300, so be prepared for some price reduction.

I appreciate all the feedback. I know by adding this I am putting myself out of this area of the forum but before I reduce it on craigslist I will regrefully let it go as it sits minus the Thule accessories (will only come with the bare racks and locks) for $3,700.00. If anyone is interested my number is 803-622-3030 (leave me a message).

Administrators - I will move this to to the classifieds with a full write up before the end of the day.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom