Thinking of selling my 2006 LX - what is it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking of selling my 2006 LX with 213K miles, galactic gray, no mods other than bluetooth, weathertech mats, and bigger tires. I'd appreciate any feedback on what you guys think I could/should ask for it. It's been in NC and GA its whole life - rust free. I'm the 2nd owner - bought with 165K miles in 2019. Completely up to date on maintenance. I'm obviously biased, but I have not seen another one this clean at this mileage.

I'm all ears.

IMG_6024.jpg

4A548E18-9F31-491D-9C83-4F9A8EA317FC.jpeg

As the original owner of a ~100k mile 2006 LX470, I wouldn’t sell it for less than $30k.

As a 100 series collector (don’t say hoarder), I personally wouldn’t pay over $20k, for a ~200k mile 2006 LX470.

Last edited:
Four months ago, I bought a 2006 Land Cruiser with 191K miles, all stock, and from NC. Paid $19,995 and thought that was reasonable. I think add in the weathertechs, bluetooth, and the rear spoiler (which I love), 20 is the lowest I'd go!

I'm thinking of selling my 2006 LX with 213K miles, galactic gray, no mods other than bluetooth, weathertech mats, and bigger tires. I'd appreciate any feedback on what you guys think I could/should ask for it. It's been in NC and GA its whole life - rust free. I'm the 2nd owner - bought with 165K miles in 2019. Completely up to date on maintenance. I'm obviously biased, but I have not seen another one this clean at this mileage.

I'm all ears.

View attachment 3001340
If you do end up selling let me know I’d be interested

Four months ago, I bought a 2006 Land Cruiser with 191K miles, all stock, and from NC. Paid $19,995 and thought that was reasonable. I think add in the weathertechs, bluetooth, and the rear spoiler (which I love), 20 is the lowest I'd go!
Good feedback.

What kind of maintenance history?
Perfect maintenance history and then some. I've been servicing as if I'm going to drive it past 300K miles.

In the past 20K miles:
timing belt and water pump
thermostat
radiator
upper/lower control arms, bearings, CV axles
differential and transmission fluid
A/C compressor and clutch

At the 200K mile mark, as you probably know, lots of these items start to get replaced and then you're good for another 100K or so.

It drives like a....well, a Lexus. So smooth. I have buddy with a 2002 LC with 334K that also drives remarkably well, so I guess it's not that uncommon for them to continue to be so pleasant on the road.

When was last time it’s had brake fluid flush and power steering flush? original spark plugs, alternator and starter?

When was last time it’s had brake fluid flush and power steering flush? original spark plugs, alternator and starter?
Not sure - I'd have to check. It's not for sale yet so I haven't dug out all the service records - just wrote down some of the recent service. Are you asking because you would potentially be interested in buying it?

Not interested in buying. just trying to get idea of what it might be worth. If it’s had the recommended fluid exchanges every 30k or so, that indicates components will be in good shape and it’s probably worth high end of range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom