Thinking of buying another Land Cruiser Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Timbo FJ45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.3advertising.com
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4785350792.html

I was thinking about getting this one. Send it over to Slee and have them drop in a V-8 and some other mods.

Is this a fair price? Not up on the 80s knowledge.
Bluebook says about 3,500. He wants 7,600 OBO.
00K0K_hFwq4ICqMGD_600x450.jpg

That's a lot of miles and a lot of money. No mention of lockers...no sliders or bumpers. Only goodies appear to be roof rack (nice), lift and tires.
I'm curious about the lift - OME generally only good for 2.5 or 3 inches. This appears to have substantially more, especially if those are 35 inch tires. Where did the extra lift come from and how does it handle? - The stock control arms don't give enough castor correction for that much lift. I'd sure want to drive it...

I always thought that a V8-powered FZJ80 would be the ultimate rig. I'd talk to Red Line in Colorado Springs - in fact, maybe Justin would look at it for you.

That seems pricey, have you seen this one in Santa Fe?:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4735383230.html

It is a FJ80 and already has a 2UZ-FE swap, which is a Toyota 4.7L V8 which I wold take anyday over a Chevy Small Block. All the axles are locked, and it has a FZJ80 FF rear axle. The interior looks a bit rougher than the one in Springs, but you could always Kat Skin it. I
don't know about the build or swap quality, but it would be worth looking at if you want an 80.

That's a lot of miles and a lot of money. No mention of lockers...no sliders or bumpers. Only goodies appear to be roof rack (nice), lift and tires.
I'm curious about the lift - OME generally only good for 2.5 or 3 inches. This appears to have substantially more, especially if those are 35 inch tires. Where did the extra lift come from and how does it handle? - The stock control arms don't give enough castor correction for that much lift. I'd sure want to drive it...

I always thought that a V8-powered FZJ80 would be the ultimate rig. I'd talk to Red Line in Colorado Springs - in fact, maybe Justin would look at it for you.

Thanks, that kind of info really helps. I wish it was a little easier to test drive. Maybe I will keep looking.

That seems pricey, have you seen this one in Santa Fe?:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4735383230.html

It is a FJ80 and already has a 2UZ-FE swap, which is a Toyota 4.7L V8 which I wold take anyday over a Chevy Small Block. All the axles are locked, and it has a FZJ80 FF rear axle. The interior looks a bit rougher than the one in Springs, but you could always Kat Skin it. I
don't know about the build or swap quality, but it would be worth looking at if you want an 80.

Sounds cool. Might be worth a check out. Thanks

Sounds cool. Might be worth a check out. Thanks
That one will require more than Katzkin. I happened to look at it a few years ago when buying some other parts from him, and he is/was a heavy smoker. The truck sounded nice and ran good but wasn't worth the 12k he was asking for it, in my opinion.

That one will require more than Katzkin. I happened to look at it a few years ago when buying some other parts from him, and he is/was a heavy smoker. The truck sounded nice and ran good but wasn't worth the 12k he was asking for it, in my opinion.

The seller is asking $6.5k now

I saw that, at 6.5k it may be worth gutting the interior and starting over

94 and up have better brakes and rear axle. Better engine also but that won't matter with a V8 transplant

If I remember correctly, the 90-92 FJ80 has the 80-series frame and body but the engine and transmission from a 62-series, but with AWD.

Get a buggy so you can get stupid in it.

G

But G, only doctors can afford buggies unless you're a super-dooper fab guy with no wife or kids.

Wrong! Let me see, the guys I wheel with are all doctors....oh yeah...forgot...none of them are! I thought you were an engineer, you got to think outside the box. Buggies run from $5k to the moon, depends on what your wants are. This past weekend I wheeled with JK's, toyota mini trucks, juggies, buggies, abominations, and a race buggy. All had fun, we all tried what we wanted to.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/1911081-4-seat-toyota-buggy-sale.html. All that for $7k.

Hell, buy the 80 for the same price and you still need $6k more to get it to be less capable than what Tim already has. Haven't even added in the cost of the v8 swap, add that in and your into an even better buggy league.

Added for fun:
image.jpg

image.jpg

I stand corrected. I was only speaking from my limited experience of who I know that has a buggy: Guys with plenty of disposable income (Rocky Dumas, Greg Anesi - rich guys in the Farmington area) or guys with plenty of spare time to do the work themselves (thus the no wives or kids requirement).

Tim,

Just wheel your junk, for crying out loud :) Or is it too nice?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom