Thinking about selling my 100 - thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to sell my 2004 LC....Im really having a hard time getting used to how large it is. I love the room i have but I really like to feel the road.....im really torn.....

What would be a good deal?

$10k - that would be a great deal.... ;)

let me know when I can pick it up :grinpimp:

bk

I have been looking for an 03-04 in New England. Prices are all over the place based on condition and mileage. 05's dont seem to move too fast as the 06's have the new engine. Depending on mileage etc., in NE a transaction may consummate between $35-40K.

Just my opinion though. Known to have been wrong before.
Good luck either way.
Eric

maybe upgrade the suspension so it's a little more responsive so you can feel the road better?

ericttz said:
I have been looking for an 03-04 in New England. Prices are all over the place based on condition and mileage. 05's dont seem to move too fast as the 06's have the new engine. Depending on mileage etc., in NE a transaction may consummate between $35-40K.

Just my opinion though. Known to have been wrong before.
Good luck either way.
Eric

Went and test drove a 530i at lunch and they offered me 41k for it as well as a good deal on the 530i....just miss a car.

yahtzee said:
Looking to sell my 2004 LC....Im really having a hard time getting used to how large it is. I love the room i have but I really like to feel the road.....im really torn.....

What would be a good deal?

I will give you 14k today!

How about (gasp) lowering the rig, using stiffer springs, bilstein shocks? The shocks might be the easiest, cheap upgrade. Larger t-bars and stiffer springs will help you corner better. You'd probably like AHC, as one can stiffen the suspension for a sporty feel with the twist of a dial.

Oh no, not again!!!

You'll be back. Then I'll sell you my 05 for 85k. I did make a few upgrades to it! (cuz inflation and all) :flipoff2:

Good luck with it none the less.

is you miss a car then get a car. there is no sense in trying to make these huge beasts handle like cars, they arent. the 5 series is a great automobile. enjoy! i wish i could afford your 100 but i cant get my 62 to sell... too much into it i guess.

a car.......Man, I just realized I have not owned a CAR since 1986!! A 911. One of the two vehicles I really, REALLY miss....I also wish I had my 1980 Turbodiesel Scout back.....painfully slow but a torque monster....and up to 29 MPG!

Cars are like bicycles...you need one for each dedicated purpose (mtn bike for offroad, road racing bike for speed/performance, etc.). Keep the 100 at home for weekend trips, drive a nice car to work, drive a beater as a shopping mall/grocery getter (where most parking lot dents are incurred). Yeah, it's not cheap since one has to pay registration/insurance on the 100, but you can downgrade it to a part-time car. Maybe that will lower the rates.

don't sell

There is no perfect vehicle for all applications.

I like throwing a car around, and gas mileage is better, but the 100 series has its own advantages.

... and as long as there are millions of impatient fools incompetently driving large SUVs with blind aggression while tailgating other vehicles etc, I will drive a larger vehicle with a higher bumper & frame design.

(Where's that modified monster steel rear bumper with retractable spikes and rearward-facing oil spray nozzles? hehe)

peepers said:
is you miss a car then get a car. there is no sense in trying to make these huge beasts handle like cars, they arent. the 5 series is a great automobile. enjoy! i wish i could afford your 100 but i cant get my 62 to sell... too much into it i guess.

That's ironic as hell, I have a 100 and am looking for a dedicated offroad vehicle and am tying to figure out a good way to make you an offer for your 62!

so, the real question is, if you had to have only 1 vehicle, what would it be?

Jim's right. The perfect world is a sports car, a luxury car, a trail rig, a sports/expeditionary rig; because all these missions are different. So, what would be the best possible compromise? you rip with the sports car. you sit low, worry about weather driving, and miss your exedition rig. You drive your luxury car and miss the road feel of your sports car. You know what I mean.
So, here's a personal perspective.
I'm the luckiest guy on earth. I have a 330 sport, a 633, and a '64 stingray for sports days; a M5 for go-fast/luxury, a 77 Bronco, 86 FS Bronco and 03 Rubicon for trail work, and the -60 and -100 because every man should own a landcruiser, period.
Hands down; that 100 is the most capable, best all-around, If I Could Only Have 1 Vehicle clear choice. Fast, quiet, great on short or long hauls, does more things better than any vehicle should, period. In 2y, I have 40K on mine. I've had to make myself not drive it so much.

You will enjoy ripping around with your 530. And you will eyeball every 100 you meet on the road, start to look at car ads, get tired of feeling every asphalt line in the road, feel anxious next to semis not knowing if they see you - and be back.
And we will welcome you, and every one of us will say I Told You So.

If you are thinking to get rid of it after just a few months then its definetly not for you.
SUV are not for everyone. That is why automaker invest billions of dollar to produce many different style.

If you don't need the space - dump it.
I sold my Acura 3.2TL and my 4runner to get my LC because I had twins and needed the room. I must say I liked driving both of them more than the beast. Nice and roomy though at 14mpg

Ended up driving the new Acura RL and it blew the 5 series away, IMO. Having 2006 RL delivered tomorrow at 10am. Nice chatting with everyone. Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom