Thinking about going back to OEM carb (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all- I have an FJ60 with a Weber carb installed. Is it difficult to go back to an OEM carb? I am planning on sending an OEM to JimC for a rebuild but want to make sure I have all I need to convert back to OEM. Any tips, guidance, steps would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

The OEM supply line is a hard line that has a fitting which threads into the Aisin. I am sure you could find or adapt a barbed fitting and run the rubber hose that is in there now.

not my truck but you can see the hard line in this photo:

1632502131314.png

Take Weber off. Put aisin on. Replace gaskets in between. Not sure if your linkage was changed or your fuel inlet line was changed etc.

Sorry..first reply was on phone...tedious to type.

Do you have one of these:
1632487821213.png

If the stock throttle linkage wasn't used for the weber but you kept the parts its shouldn't be difficult to go back to stock there. Did you modify your original supply fuel line? If so you might have to make an adapter to connect to the Aisin carb or get a new stock line to replace the old with. Assuming you are running the stock intake manifold...might have to remove any adapters for mounting the weber.

Sorry..first reply was on phone...tedious to type.

Do you have one of these:
View attachment 2794642

If the stock throttle linkage wasn't used for the weber but you kept the parts its shouldn't be difficult to go back to stock there. Did you modify your original supply fuel line? If so you might have to make an adapter to connect to the Aisin carb or get a new stock line to replace the old with. Assuming you are running the stock intake manifold...might have to remove any adapters for mounting the weber.

2E47159A-B6CF-46EF-8A7D-316911598E92.jpeg

If you’re desmogged, I would get the Fuji Carb by City racer.

I’ve put over 55,000 miles on mine without issue.

If you can’t get ahold of jimc, give marlin crawler a try.

Can anyone show me a pic of where to connect this green plug (circled in pic) to? Mine looks to be missing (cut) in my engine bay

fj60carb.png

Can anyone show me a pic of where to connect this green plug (circled in pic) to? Mine looks to be missing (cut) in my engine bay

View attachment 3392438
There’s a wiring loom that runs from the firewall to the headlights on the inside of the driver side fender. The plug is near the brake booster and firewall and should have a green and pink or red wire connected to the plug. It should be the only one that will plug into the solenoid valve and it should only allow you to plug it in one way so you don’t cross the ground and hot wires. I’d take a picture for you, but my engine bay is disassembled.

I am stumped. I don't see a green/pink or red wire in that are at all. The only thing I have are these 3 loose wires from a loom. Blue wire grounded to the fender and then a green wire that is not used and a black with yellow stripe that is spliced to a red wire that connects to the weber carb (see pic)

red.png

IMG_2696.jpg

Mmm, that’s aftermarket. I’m not sure what to tell you. I’d get a multi meter and start checking to see which is positive and negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom