For Sale Thinking about buying this one- Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks everyone for the help as I think I’m getting closer to buying my first FJ40. Found the one below and think I’m ready to pull the trigger on it. Before I do, is there anything that you guys see here that I should be aware of in the pictures? Any questions that I should specifically be asking based on the post? The seller seems like a real straight guy and he has a lot of knowledge on the rig. He even sent a video of it starting up and it sounded great. Pretty excited to enter the world of 40 ownership...just unsure what to look for.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Not bad, but I'd rather have a 76 or newer

Personally, I’d keep looking. I’d be concerned about what’s going on beneath the diamond plate. The flares indicate the rear quarter panels were cut to accommodate wide and/or large tires. I also prefer the 4-speed and disc brakes of later models.

I’d keep looking for one that’s more original. Connect with the Olde North State Cruiser (ONSC) members in Raleigh and get their help.

Looks presentable and about what it should for the price range, some good things you may enjoy immediately, some not so good things that may need attention down the road, but that is Cruiser life that many of us enjoy.

If you are going to do much highway driving, the later years are better, but disc brakes, 4 speeds, more HP, can always be added!

Good luck, they are a fun vehicle to own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom