Think I have to sell!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I’m probably going to regret this...:crybaby: but current living conditions are pushing me towards a sale. So I’m testing the waters. Progress on the truck has almost halted and the ole mortgage is eating any extra funds for the truck, not to mention the lack of a garage and available parking.

As is right now,

Ford 302 conversion (needs work)
Stock drive train w/ 30k original miles
Brand new BDS 4" lift (not installed) (lifetime warranty only applies to original buyer)
HFS greaseable shackles (not installed)
Extra set of (5) stock cruiser wheels
Hardtop shaved to tub
De-rusted
TRD seats
Custom overhead stereo/CB consol

Thinking $6k w/o the lift $7k with.
Pics on request
thanks
Neal

Damn, that sucks. You should keep it.

Keep the truck! It really doesn't cost that much to just let it sit until your finances improve. You will regret it.

BTW, more than one person here has pondered selling their rig in a moment of insanity and was thankful they didn't sell (me included).

Last edited:
The plan was to swap motors for a crate 302 and convert to LP then reregister and use for DD, selling the car.
Just had a run in with F-fax co. :rolleyes: citing me for having an abandoned vehicle and dead tags. Looks like Ill have to pay the additional $$ for "new" antique tags being that i never got the DMV notice for renewals that happened last july :bang: rant over!

Just have to keep telling myself...sell car...not truck!!

Thanks for helping me return to my senses!

The plan was to swap motors for a crate 302 and convert to LP then reregister and use for DD, selling the car.
Just had a run in with F-fax co. :rolleyes: citing me for having an abandoned vehicle and dead tags. Looks like Ill have to pay the additional $$ for "new" antique tags being that i never got the DMV notice for renewals that happened last july :bang: rant over!

Just have to keep telling myself...sell car...not truck!!

Thanks for helping me return to my senses!

What's the definition of "abandoned" in Fairfax County?

Well it seems if you have a flat tire (which i was going to take care of this weekend) for excess of 10 days you are subject to a f-fax co police abandoned/unattended behicle check (when parked on a public road). From the tag I would have 4 days to move or register vehicle.

So after calling the DMV and F-fax Co. I found out that the antique tags I already had were invalid as of December.

WHY? might you ask! Well me too!

Due to an address mixup in the DMV system I never recieved the notification that there were changes to the antique policies. So I now have to re-register the truck for an additional $50 and then set a court date with f-fax to contest the ticket.
DSCF3496.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom