Things your PO did that AIN’T so bad....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing. Maybe the reverse shackle up front, debatable.🙄

I think the po thought this welding project was cool, not so. On the other hand both myself and the tow truck driver didnt mind his excellent looking sister going over the paper work prior to sale of the 40.Love them southern girls!

0910201917.jpg

I think the po thought this welding project was cool, not so. On the other hand both myself and the tow truck driver didnt mind his excellent looking sister going over the paper work prior to sale of the 40.Love them southern girls!

View attachment 2431922
Have a pic of that girl? I am betting it is better than that PO bumper......Ha ha

View attachment 2431922
Wait....... you have a butt ugly pic of the bumper but not the sister??? :D

Lol she was brunette in tight jeans in Watskinville,GA on a gravel road. I was there for the 40. Members of the mud community would clank a cold beverage and admire in silence.😂😂.No cut rear fenders or line x on the 40...bonus.

Nope, but I would assume uncut just like the 40! That look 2 guys give each other and things are understood😜

Things the PO did that aren't so bad... Sold me his 40. That's really about it.

85 FJ60 was well tweaked by a couple of previous owners.

Some non-US parts include:
--rear sliders
--clinometer
--mirrors
--air cleaner and plumbing from a diesel to hook up the snorkel

Aftermarket stuff:
--ARB cowcatcher
--rear bumper with spare carrier and ladder
--Wilderness roof rack
--lift kit

-16 inch wheels, but kept the originals and included in sale (I do like the 16’s and of course having the origs)
-put quality seat covers on front seats back in the 90’s (so he could have camo his hunting rig) and never took them off
-kept in the garage for the last 20 years
-upgraded warn winch

those are probably the mainthings that “ain’t so bad” ;)

Dang thats fancy.

My PO, also the OO, was pretty amazing.
-dabbed a bit of touch up paint on any little chip or scratch in the body and fenders to avoid rust issues, for 30 years.
-always garage kept
-took it to the same independent mechanic for maintenance since the day he purchased the rig new
-was a purist, before that word really meant anything in regards to FJ40 owners. He insisted that nothing be modified from original, ever.
-installed seat covers in the early 80's and kept them on, preserving the original seat vinyl like new
-probably one the best things was he wasn't overly concerned about minor oil leaks. The fine coating of 10W40 is a heck of a preservative on oil pans, side covers, timing covers. As I go through systematically and redo all the engine seals and gaskets, the 40 year old OEM paint on the engine and auxiliary pieces looks like new powder coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom