Things your PO did that AIN’T so bad....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

imyahucklbrry

“In Vino Veritas”
SILVER Star
Threads
GA - As close to the lake as I can afford...
FBA216A9-EF65-4FDD-A44C-09538DFDF69F.jpeg

Original owner (for 2 years) was a Delta pilot 😎
25040A45-38DA-4829-99C1-631B3A7ADDC9.jpeg

E424BF78-DD4A-4B89-896C-A1FDCF1C544C.jpeg

Second owner: 1984-2014 (I overlook any odd things he did; I’m mighty thankful he sold the 40 to me!)
Kinda like the trash bags..... one on each door

The only P.O. mod that I kept were the jeep mirror arms. He drilled and tapped holes in the windshield hinges to mount them. The chrome mirror heads were ugly and after a tree broke one, I swapped on some OEM mirrors and new paint. They fold up nicely and I can see behind me no matter what top, door or windshield configuration I'm in. They're useful so I kept them on all these years.

Fotor_159953760451513.jpg

Fotor_159953744277246.jpg

Fotor_15995373116939.jpg

Huckleberry,

I'm no pilot, but that handle you pictured on the ambo door sure looks a lot like a toilet paper roller. If you also came across a 5 gallon bucket in the back, maybe the guy frequently found himself out in the Boonies without modern facilities !

Huckleberry,

I'm no pilot, but that handle you pictured on the ambo door sure looks a lot like a toilet paper roller. If you also came across a 5 gallon bucket in the back, maybe the guy frequently found himself out in the Boonies without modern facilities !
Awww sh!t......... That would explain the little ‘exit’ sticker too! 🤣

So the po of my 78 pig installed
Keeper list...
-15 inch pro comp rims (with 33 inch pro comp tires I sold)
-2 1/2 pro comp lift
-custom roll cage
-arb Bull bar with IPF spotlights
-warm 9k winch
-BTB aluminum tub
-tuff box console
-h55 5 speed tranny
-smog delete
-custom exhaust
-and a bunch of other misc items

Not so bad

So the po of my 78 pig installed
Keeper list...
-15 inch pro comp rims (with 33 inch pro comp tires I sold)
-2 1/2 pro comp lift
-custom roll cage
-arb Bull bar with IPF spotlights
-warm 9k winch
-BTB aluminum tub
-tuff box console
-h55 5 speed tranny
-smog delete
-custom exhaust
-and a bunch of other misc items

Not so bad
Jackpot there! :cheers:

The best thing my PO did was to keep it in a dry barn; the rust was very minimal. Other than putting fugly wheels on it, he didn't do anything too egregious.

Left a heavy duty toggle switch in the dash. Whatever it had been wired to was gone when I got the truck, but I needed a toggle and it was already there. I like having a V8, and some parts of the swap are okay. Other parts, not so much.

I forgot to mention that I believe the original? rear step was removed, which gets in the way of loading the rear cargo area of a non-drop-down-tailgated 40 when you are standing outside of it, and there was a piece of heavy angle steel bolted to the rear bumper for attachment during a recovery operation. After all, there are two factory hooks on the front bumper.

PO of my 45 spent 15 years buying original parts for a total rebuild. Never used them and sold it "back" to me with NOS parts still in the boxes.

:)

First, my PO was totally honest about the vehicle. Second, he coated nearly every fastener with anti-seize compound. Finally, he offered to hold some "old parts" for me and dig them out of storage if I came back to get them. I did, about 6 months later. One item was this:

View attachment 2431831

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom