1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things your pet does that amuse you (or NOT)!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by srplus, Aug 22, 2006.

1. srplus

srplus Walked with the Dinosaurs

Took my dog out this morning and as usual she would not walk on the damp grass. She is completely adverse to walking on grass even if it is only damp from the dew. She will gingerly lift her feet and walk funny, even on the damp brick patio. She completely avoids going into the plants or bushes if it has rained and will do her business on the sidewalk to avoid getting the pads of her paws wet.

On mornings that we don’t have a dew, we joke about her sniffing around and checking what animals were where, the night before... we call it ‘reading her newspaper’.

She is a real certified Prima Dona (that we rescued) that lives with three kitties and thinks sometimes she is one of them. She hasn’t tried using the litter box yet, though - except for midnight snacks. With effort, I finally broke her of that one!

She stations herself in certain places in the hallway or a doorway to keep the kitties out of the room. We call these resting spots her ‘kitty control areas’. Sometimes Dakota ‘herds kitties’ just for grins. She is a beautiful choco Lab / Chow mix and can be very hard headed at times. She is always our ‘best pal’ – especially when there is thunder around. She will lean against us until it stops storming.

She gives us hours of enjoyment.

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Our mutt is similiar, keeps the cats in check, hates thunder and fireworks. Her thing now is to stick by my side no matter what I'm doing or where I'm doing it at. She will follow me into the bathroom now....and stay. That's one tough puppy.

3. paulj

paulj

My Lab almost seems human sometimes. Every night around 8:00 he comes up to me and starts nudging me to remind me it's time for his walk. If I'm watching tv or reading something he gets progressively more insistent until I finally relent.
    I've trained him to fetch the paper in the morning. It comes in handy when it's cold or raining. Sometimes he backslides though and pees on a tree first.

4. whodat

whodat

Media:
    Albums:
    My greyhound won't go out in bad weather, she'll just hold it till a better oportunity arises. :princess:

Thunder and fireworks send her to the back of my closet, her safe place.:princess:

She also eats the bone shaped food out of her Pedigree before she eats the chunks.:doh:

5. srplus

She is a hunting dog too.

One thing she loves to do is to get a running start at the back door as I open it just in case a squirrel might be on the ground under the bird feeder… one morning when I let her out she didn’t realize there was dew on the pavers cause she was so excited about the disoriented squirrel. She slid headfirst into the wooden gate as he barely scooted under… knocked herself out! I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

Another time she smelled a possum behind the fishpond (raised brick pool) and leapt over the top of it down on top of the possum that was hiding in the bushes… that was one that did not get away. Now every time she is in the yard at night and there is a noise in the back of the yard she puts on the after burners heading back there to see if she can catch another.

6. osagecruiser

osagecruiser

labs are cool...we have a nine year old black lab that has grown up with our son jake...anytime he and i head out the door for our evening drive in the pig she includes herself...she cries and barks as we just pick up keys and head towards the door...we never leave her behind ...we did once and my wife said she stood at the door and cried the whole time we were gone...she rides passenger side back seat...and the window must be down no matter what the outside temp!

osagecruiser

7. srplus

Dakota cries when I come home...

if I haven't taken her to work... she sounds like she is singing, so we also nick named her the "Singing Dog". We had to ease off a little on this because she began to sing all the time... Now we have some songs that we sign to her... like "Hey Dog... You're an All-star..." and several others... She loves the lullabies and wants to be serenaded before she will go to sleep next to the bed.

8. 97fortieth4me

97fortieth4me

My "clowns" do the same thing. They do not like to go to the bathroom when it's raining out especially the female. I end up having to go out with them out in the rain to go.

My female humps people's legs. Only if she knows them.

9. my64fj40

my64fj40

My lab barks in his sleep.

Is it possible that dogs dream :confused:

10. Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!

My Schnauzer loves to go for rides with me in the truck or Cruiser. If I pick up my keys, he freaks.

11. hodag

hodag

My Saint Bernard lays on her belly in the snow during snowstorms. She lets the snow pile up on her nose until she cant see, then shakes it off.

When she was a pup in her first snow, I let her out at like 3am and she wouldnt come back in. Had to put on boots and go get her furry ass.

Usually she is dumber than a bag of hammers, but loveable all the same. And great with my 3 year old.

Hodag

12. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Herds the neigbor's guinea pig... (which are really quite tasty by the way...)

13. wob

wob

Chews up every fawking thing in sight. Lab pups are a pain.

14. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, but nothing is more cute than a lab puppy.

15. baldboy

baldboy

My 9 year old female lab tip-toes across any flooring surface other than carpet or outside.....

She fell when she was a new puppy and has been timid about the floors ever since.

Both my labs are brilliant though. Man, I have never seen smarter animals as far as them knowing what's going on (when someone is upset, they will lick and cuddle, when I am frustrated or angry, they give me plenty of space, they know when I am and when Im not looking.... etc....)

16. Poriomania

Poriomania

Newfie: Has always snored lightly, we call them newfie purrs. We have a church two doors down, she loves barking at all the church people. One day a guy/kid was sneaking a smoke during service and she lit up on him. He kept trying to shush her so no one would now what he was doing:D . Loves the cold and water, preferably together. We took her walking along a river one winter, the temp hadn't reached over 20 for a couple of weeks, she found a shallow spot and dug through the ice to lay in the water. Seeing her with ice crusted whiskers is too cute. Without a doubt the most endearing dog I've ever known.

The mix/Zia: Follows my wife wherever she goes in the house. Luckiest dog ever; my wife was walking her and out of nowhere a squirrel fell out of a tree and landed on her head! Twice! Whoever the first in the door is has to give her attention first. Even if that person has his hands full. The second person will be completely ignored until the first has been taken care of.

17. ballardcruiser

ballardcruiser

Media:
    My greyhound is also a:princess: . He won't go out when it's cold unless we throw his jacket on him. He hates going out when it rains which makes Seattle not the best city for him. Also, being a former racer, he still has that screwed up "I'm at the track" mentality. At feeding time, he stuffs a bunch of food in his mouth, walks over to a corner of the house (privacy?) spits out the kibble and then gobbles it up. Drives my girlfriend nuts (cause he always leaves some extra kibble on the floor) ... it's dumb really, nobody else in the house is competing for his kibble and he's the only dog.

On the plus side, he pretty well-behaved besides the above. Never barks or growls at anyone. Basically a lazy cat disguised as a 75 pound dog.

18. JRFJ4-

JRFJ4-

Dogs

We have five dogs. Three German Shepherds, Great Dane, mutt.

Most do not like fireworks. They all hate gunfire. The Great Dane puppy freaked out this afternoon while I was trying to start the chainsaw. Barking and growling at me. She is wild and still getting bigger.

Our old female GSD is scared to death of the satellite dish when it starts cutting out because of bad weather. It makes that chirping sound. She also hates the compressor on our Sleep Number bed.

We love them, they make our lives whole.

JR

19. Hot_Eighty_Chick

Hot_Eighty_Chick

Yep, my dogs dream also.
    Two of them actually "run" and "growl" in their sleep.
    What's funny is the barks are really muffled because their mouths are usually closed, and the growling is funny to watch because their mouths do the movements of growling, but no noise comes out.
    :D

My lab and lab mix are very loyal and extremely smart/observant like someone said above.
    My yorkie.... dumb, but cute.

20. greytandy

greytandy

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh yeah, all the time. My two greyhounds are always barking and "running". It's really funny when my female starts wagging her tail in her sleep. My wife and I will start hearing strange noises and it's Maggie's tail hitting the floor. Must be a happy dream.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">