They all break something, even mine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Yes, it has happened. Something let-go in my BUS transmission. Last night as I attempted to leave work, I had No 1st or 2nd gear. I pulled the TCM codes and have a bad #1 shift solinoid :'( .  85420-60050 $162.10 :eek: . Now to drop the pan............... :p

Re: They all break something, even mime.

A case of Boddington's says he has the part in stock. :D

-B-

Just think what it would have been like if you had the newer, les robust tranny. That could have been really ugly. :D

I'm glad you at least know a guy with the hook-up. ::)

Dan,
A343F
Bill

Um, Bill......

My parking pawl works...... ::) My e-brake too. 8)

Dan,
What a memory! That's spooky. E-brake completely rebuilt with new shoes, rotors turned, handle adjusted. Of course since the cruiser can't move I still don't know if it works. Been busy welding, turning things on the lathe, mailing items so have not had time to pull the pan and check the pawl. :D
Bill

Jim,

I thought about it, I believe I will at that. ::)

Bill,

I realize that you have been pulled off of the Cruiser to perform CRITICALLY important top secret duties. I believe that your priorities are just right.  :D

Rick,

I appreciate the offer to share your parts guy with me. If it's alright with you, I'll stick to the Devil I know........ ;)

Not with you, that's fer dang sure. :eek:

How about me?

Sorry, yer out too.

Then you lose in this case Cdan :flipoff2: :eek: :D :D

Cost = 1 new grinder disc, some wire, a little electricity and some free heat. :D

... and folks wonder why I call mine a beater :D

Well,

She's all fixed up. Dropped the pan yesterday and replaced the #1 and #2 shift solinoids(since it was apart). The job took about an hour. There was almost no debris of any kind in the bottom of the pan. I was plesantly surprised by that.

Dan.

Dan,
I'm sure the modern, sophisticated tranny probably doesn't experience the failure of these solenoids, but hypothecially if they should fail are the solenoids as easy to get to as the bus tranny?
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom