These new aluminium "steelie" wheels from the fjcompany are pretty sweet! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They're available now. You ought to pick up a set. They're cheap.

available.jpg

Yes, I'm stocked up too, used and new. And willing to share. They have micro rust from the factory in the inner seam, so open them up, clean/apply something to stop that if it matters. I tend to bend the inner lip in when I install them (I corrected some of the wheel clip tightness, and grease the clip itself), regardless, they don't look new for long.

But, I do like the clips themselves as unique wheel ornament; just wish that I could find non-chrome lug nuts that are closed to keep the rain out of the wheel studs. Even just the spare tire without a cap is kinda neat.

I kinda wish that the chrome hubcaps had a galvanized cousin in production, like how the rear-view mirror arms and radiator shroud were plated.

I bought chrome capped lug nuts from Summit.

IDK, I bought mine from Summit. Im pretty sure you want 12mm x 1.5 threads. If those Toyota lug nuts are anything like the ones they sell for my Camry they are junk, imo. I find most auto manufacturers use a lug nut encapsulated with a layer of sheet metal and over time the sheet metal deforms/expands and it becomes difficult to get a socket on them. When I purchased these they were 5 or 6 bucks for 4. Idk, what they are now.
20221208_093654.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom