Thermostat Housing Temp sender O ring?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
I'm in the middle of a water pump, hoses, fan clutch, fan, thermostat housing including all sensors and thermostat, belts and radiator change.

No biggie right?

1989 FJ62, 3FE.

I have the new temp sender for the dash gauge. The old one looks like it may have had a rubber O-ring on it that is crushed and petrified. Anyone know if there is something that helps this unit seal. Other sensors have copper rings to ensure no leaking.

Here are pics of what I'm working with.

IMG_5623.jpg
IMG_5622.jpg
IMG_5621.jpg
IMG_5624.jpg

tmp-cam-836847854137828563.jpg
Pretty certain that seals on the bottom with nothing else. Brass to aluminum in other words. That's how mine came out and went back in.

Aftermarket mechanical water temp sender has the same geometry. That's what the extra hole down there is for (obviously not drilled through from the factory.

Hey Guys,
I'm in the middle of a water pump, hoses, fan clutch, fan, thermostat housing including all sensors and thermostat, belts and radiator change.

No biggie right?

1989 FJ62, 3FE.

I have the new temp sender for the dash gauge. The old one looks like it may have had a rubber O-ring on it that is crushed and petrified. Anyone know if there is something that helps this unit seal. Other sensors have copper rings to ensure no leaking.

Here are pics of what I'm working with.

View attachment 1794374 View attachment 1794375 View attachment 1794376 View attachment 1794377
Do you have the source and part numbers for the temp sender? If you replaced the other sensors, switches, etc do you have the same?

No sealant, no tape, no oring.
The temp sensor needs a good electrical ground through its threads to the fitting.
It won't leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom