Thermal Video of the Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced my exhaust downpipe gaskets and was wondering if they would leak. Then I remembered that I could use the thermal camera to see if it's leaking.

It's a pretty boring Cruiser. What heat shield are you talking about? My cats do not have a shield.

How much does that camera cost

That's awesome! I was looking at one SnapOn sells and it didn't seem to have half of the detail and quality of what you posted. Plus it was 1400! I do a lot of exhaust/aftertreament work as a diesel mechanic so I've been thinking about one of these for awhile now.

Although the SnapOn one did go to about 600° F

Flir is kinda the "gold standard" and they make a lot of the thermal cores that you see in other devices. They have been putting their 80x60 "Lepton" core in all sorts of measurement/test equipment and the Flir One cell phone add-on. This camera is one step up from that.

I think mine tops out at like 480 degrees. So not great for exhaust work maybe but can still tell you that something is hot!

thx for this, interesting as I was looking for something like this to know where to place my 3 hood vents. Seeing where the heat buildup is helps. Based on your video I think it is probably best to place them on each side as far rearward as possible and the one long one right above the radiator.

Definitely the exhaust throws off the most heat as far as non-radiator stuff. The passenger side has nothing aside from the oil cooler and ignition coil that I could see getting warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom