There's a new HDJ81 in town... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for pointing out how tired I am Enigma! Its not the wrenching either, its all the other projects I am working on right now as well.

Bled brakes today, pedal feels much better. Thought I was ready until I tried to pull the e brake handle. It doesn't move. Bell cranks don't move either so I guess I'll need to take the drums apart and clean it all up as well.

Bell cranks are likely corroded solid is my guess.

Yessir, Awl gets the gold star. Rusted solid. Also found that left side was nice and full of oil. Feels like wheel bearing is gone too. So rear left side is going to get bearings and seals. Maybe time to do the other side as well?

Last edited:
I always do both sides when it comes to a left/right situation. That way I never have to recall which side I did last time. Keeps things even wear wise as well.

Did you pick that one up? Last year there where a couple of 1hdt motors for sale for just under 5k. The Airdrie one sounds like a no brainer.

Wonder who the lucky bugger was. The parts alone are worth it.

Finally! After new ebrake bells, shoes, rear rotors, rear axle seal and wheel bearing repack on the driveway, sick, in the cold, its got the safety;) And wheels on the ground again. Okay, so it could use a final bleed, and the marker lights don't seem to work, but that's all ok. I need a break, everything takes so much longer outside in the cold.

Nice work Jason. Be nice to get some mile on that thing

Finally! After new ebrake bells, shoes, rear rotors, rear axle seal and wheel bearing repack on the driveway, sick, in the cold, its got the safety;) And wheels on the ground again. Okay, so it could use a final bleed, and the marker lights don't seem to work, but that's all ok. I need a break, everything takes so much longer outside in the cold.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You shoulda said something. Never work in the cold outside at night in the winter alone. Next time bring it over and we'll help ya.

Too many trips to 4wheel and hard for me to put together enough time at once to really get anything done. Had to chip away at it this time. Its all good, except that I was sick for 3 days while out there. It would be great to change warm diff fluid though, that stuff is very slow when cold this time of year. Maybe I'll get out there to do the fluids before New Years.

Too many trips to 4wheel and hard for me to put together enough time at once to really get anything done. Had to chip away at it this time. Its all good, except that I was sick for 3 days while out there. It would be great to change warm diff fluid though, that stuff is very slow when cold this time of year. Maybe I'll get out there to do the fluids before New Years.

Sounds good. We want to wheel and deal with you on a Christmas gift idea we're throwing around. A gift that directly depends on you. No pressure ;)

Removed factory bumper and installed ARB on the front tonight.

A bad night pic. image.jpg

Finally drained the diffs and base lined those. I really need to get a bucket pump! Also, checked the drive shafts in N, play in the u joint on rear driveshaft at transfer case:(

Managed to make some progress on a cargo drawer/bed build.

image.jpg

Looks good. Covering it with anything

I have to make a bracket to fasten the front down, hinge the smugglers hold, build and hinge the wings, get some tie down points on it, clear coat and then maybe cover it with some thing. The down side to covering it is most material just hangs on to the dogs hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom