There is no such thing as a (factory) HJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That convertible pig is sweet.

As a side bet, there was never a BJ62 or a HJ55.

So the next time you're sitting at a campfire with all your cruiser buddies, you can school them with cruiser trivia. That's what this is all about really, meaningless trivia, but hey, it's a hobby.

I see. I hope you don't think I was being an a$$ I was just courious is all.

That convertible pig is sweet.

As a side bet, there was never a BJ62 or a HJ55.

Wasn't there a thread a while back where someone found a diesel 55 in a junk yard?

So where did this thread evolve from? Did someone challenge you outside of mud? I don't recall anyone posting that they own a HJ62.

Clint

I see. I hope you don't think I was being an a$$ I was just courious is all.

Not at all man! It's all good.

So where did this thread evolve from? Did someone challenge you outside of mud? I don't recall anyone posting that they own a HJ62.

I do not know. I vaguely remember someone posting up that they had one, so I think that's where tofu got the idea.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/281016-best-toyota-diesel-engine.html

Do not be alarmed, I have been time traveling for a long, long time. Had I not started this thread, the 5th and 6th posts in the thread linked above would not have been possible. Keeping things from coming apart, continuity wise, is a full-time job. It's really a hassle, you don't get to play the stock market or gamble, and you best not bump into your past or future self. Bad s*** happens.

On the upside, I recently have been driving the most-excellent 2042 Electric/Hydrogen Hybrid Landcruiser Hovercraft. But they made it IFS!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/281016-best-toyota-diesel-engine.html

Do not be alarmed, I have been time traveling for a long, long time. Had I not started this thread, the 5th and 6th posts in the thread linked above would not have been possible. Keeping things from coming apart, continuity wise, is a full-time job. It's really a hassle, you don't get to play the stock market or gamble, and you best not bump into your past or future self. Bad **** happens.

On the upside, I recently have been driving the most-excellent 2042 Electric/Hydrogen Hybrid Landcruiser Hovercraft. But they made it IFS!

youre a nutter... but i love reading your posts

and this thread is good reading too...

ill pose another question... why would anyone with enough sense to drive diesel want square headlights and an automatic tranny anyways?

toyota never made it due to lack of demand... the only reason the hj61s sold with the lame headlights is because turbo diesels are so cool that it overshadowed it.:cool:

In Australia there are plenty of models that the US didn't get. We have the FJ61 and HJ62 as well as the other models.

Sorry, no such thing. ;)

I have a massive collection of Australian 4wd magazines from the 1980's, and a few original sales brochures. There is never any mention on any FJ61 or HJ62. They don't exist!. - this kind of reminds me of an X Files scenario! (Call me Scully).

I Can't speak about the US models, but here is a brief run down on the models that were available in Aus;

FJ60 - 1980-1984 - 2F Engine
FJ62 - 1984-1990 - 3F Engine

HJ60 - 1980-1990 - 2H Engine
HJ61 - 1985-1990 - 12HT Engine

The FJ62 model replaced the FJ60, but the HJ61 did not replace the HJ60 - they sold both along side each other from 1985 to 1990. Twin headlights became available in July 1987 and all models had these. So there are FJ62 and HJ61 models with single headlights, as well there are HJ60 models with twin headlights.

So, those who think there is a HJ62 I beleive are just thinking of the later model HJ60 with twin headlights, later dash etc. It's just a post 1987 HJ60. But, they are fairly rare as most people opted for the Turbo HJ61 instead of the NA HJ60.

There's no FJ61 or HJ62 in the EPIC parts database. That seems pretty definitive.

I'm officially backing down on the FJ61. It must be the HJ62, only backwards.

And nemesis....

I am a nutter. I appreciate that you get it (me).

As for auto... Well, for sure it is less durable, more maintenance, and heavier (by far), but I can say this, as an H55F owner. An auto is more practical, especially when rock crawling. I just about burnt out a clutch trying to traverse a particularly nasty and steep rock field. An auto, while less controlled, would have been easier.

As for the debate on round versus square (really rectangle)...You know what they say, in matters of taste, there is no debate. Performance wise, OEM sucks, in both cases. Cosmetically, I tend to agree, but surely got used to and now fully appreciate the 62 face. Whatever floats your boat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom