Builds TheGrrrrr Build Thread - 2013 LC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm surprised. Mine works fine with the factory skids. IIRC it came with longer bolts.

Yeah, when I talked to Rob he said the diff drop would have to go and now that I have installed the skids I see why. If you look on the install video when he is putting in the 5 forward bolts of the engine skid, it is right up against those mounts.

Well here are some bad photos of the skids installed. Will get better ones when I get it on a lift. There are a couple bolts on the fuel skid that I will need to turn around when I have a better angle to work from. My arthritis and limited mobility in my dominate wrist made it a lot harder, so I just put the nut on the outside for now. I also managed to mangle one of the M5 Hex fasteners that hold the engine skid and go in the slot of the trans skid. Luckily I had a suitable replacement until I can get a button style one from Rob. Other than that, it was just as the video showed. Biggest issue was doing it in the driveway without jacking it up, in the dark by myself. Those steel pieces are HEAVY.

IMG_2334.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

First visit to a scale... Truck is loaded as a daily driver, drawers are full of recovery gear and some camping essentials as they always are. Maxtrax, Solar and Awning attached to the roof and a full tank of gas. This would be my starting weight for any type of trip as what is included in this weight would not be removed for any specific trip type. I weight exactly 260 before I left the house, so that would indicate my truck as configured and standard load with full tank of gas is 7000lbs.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 2.03.17 PM.png

First visit to a scale... Truck is loaded as a daily driver, drawers are full of recovery gear and some camping essentials as they always are. Maxtrax, Solar and Awning attached to the roof and a full tank of gas. This would be my starting weight for any type of trip as what is included in this weight would not be removed for any specific trip type. I weight exactly 260 before I left the house, so that would indicate my truck as configured and standard load with full tank of gas is 7000lbs.

View attachment 2584187
Oh yea you are good! Nice and light hahaha

Yeah, when I talked to Rob he said the diff drop would have to go and now that I have installed the skids I see why. If you look on the install video when he is putting in the 5 forward bolts of the engine skid, it is right up against those mounts.
Makes sense. The factory skids are pretty flexible and forgiving

Odometer hit 100,000 yesterday at the scale but I didn’t notice.

For posterity: 100,000 miles on Feb 13, 2021 at the Loves Truck Stop/Cat Scale off I10 and Exit 162.

After a full year of looking for a reasonable deal, and ultimately deciding to go with 17" Icon Rebound wheels when my newish Ridge Grapplers (On OEM 18s) wear out sometime in the future, a set of Rock Warriors found me and I ended up getting them for a bit less than I would have spent on the Icons. After picking up new center caps and a set of new TPMS sensors, new ring fasteners and new lug nuts... and I'll be ready for the new 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers. Hope to have it all put together by the weekend, but the center caps have already made them look a helluva lot better on my garage floor.

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg

Those look great. I have the Icon Rebound but if I could find a set of 5 RW I think I would pick them up.

Those look great. I have the Icon Rebound but if I could find a set of 5 RW I think I would pick them up.

Your Rebounds parked next to me at LCDC were what convinced me to go that route if the RWs never came along.

Your Rebounds parked next to me at LCDC were what convinced me to go that route if the RWs never came along.
Fresh center caps really make them look nice. Did you pick up some splined lugs for them?

Fresh center caps really make them look nice. Did you pick up some splined lugs for them?

IMG_2371.jpeg

Yeah, this is how I got them. The new caps are awesome. I ordered 5 sets of the McGard splined lugs. They should be here tomorrow. The Torx fasteners for the rings had a lot of gunk in the threads so I order new ones of those as well. Not sure when they will get here, but they shipped today. Just got the call that the tires are in so just waiting on the last bits before install.

It is funny. When I first got my 200 I was not a fan of the looks of the RW's, but as time has gone by I am liking them more and more all the time. My Icons got a little beat up at LCDC on the passenger side.

It is funny. When I first got my 200 I was not a fan of the looks of the RW's, but as time has gone by I am liking them more and more all the time. My Icons got a little beat up at LCDC on the passenger side.

Funny thing is that I think I like the look of your Icons a tad bit better, but I feel like the RWs are the only ones that look perfect on a Silver cruiser. The Icons all look great on silver, but the RWs look perfect. Where the Icons really shine is the titanium on a Gray cruiser. Both the Rebounds and the Vectors.

Funny thing is that I think I like the look of your Icons a tad bit better, but I feel like the RWs are the only ones that look perfect on a Silver cruiser. The Icons all look great on silver, but the RWs look perfect. Where the Icons really shine is the titanium on a Gray cruiser. Both the Rebounds and the Vectors.
I would have gone with the Vectors if they where available when I got mine. I do like the look of those a lot.

Rolling on 34s and Rock Warriors. Had to remove the 1.25” spacers to make it work. Current setup: 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers in the load range C.

CCBAA51F-9116-4DF9-B001-D22312F166DB.jpeg

5D6AAD23-F70F-445F-9A9C-E3D5AA437C41.jpeg

73D77B4C-E6E3-429F-AC73-A85D7E3E911E.jpeg

Looks great!

Any rubbing on the KDSS or mud flaps? Are you on adjustable UCAs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom