The Windy Cruiser - 1985 70 series concept (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey all,
I recently scanned in a cool brochure from 1985 that featured a crazy 70 series concept vehicle. I wrote up a little blog post about it based one info I could find.
BLOG POST HERE

close up.jpg

I am curious though if anyone had more info on this cruiser or other pictures? I was only able to find the Toyota published brochure photos but nothing of the actual vehicle at the motor show. Would be cool to find one! :)

Interesting, I did some searching as well because I was trapped on a web-ex that had nothing to do with me.

from .ru website
By the way, I found photos of what conceptual LJ70 or LJ73 (not clear in the photo) for Europe called Toyota Windy Cruiser released in 1985. The differences were in separate rear sports seats, plastic body kits (bumper, expanders, footrests) blind or in the form of blinds rear windows, some incomprehensible lining on the hood, electric winch and fog lights.

314769312_ToyotaWindyCruiser1985.jpg.1ee86de9da51e181419be3468633cf84.jpeg

BTW, a lot of the content was from @Economist LC76 so he might have something more on that.

Another interesting tidbit (or not) I found was the pictures of the 13BT on some of those brochures.

This seems to be a version not for a Cruiser, I'm guessing a coaster bus or something. Taller thermostat like the 14B, intake over valve, power steering reservoir mounted on engine and it appears a power steering pump on the timing case. Turbo crossover pipe is black and facing the back of the engine.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.04.18 PM.png

Here's another 13BT. Intake pointed like it goes on a cruiser. Regular thermostat cover and no power steering pump on the case.
Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.17.56 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom