Builds The "Wife made me buy a FJ40" to shut me up build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20210508_172832661.jpg

making a purchase from my online parts store website was not the thought process here Raymond .....

making a small contribution to your build you have going on however was in the form of a professional sample if you like is , in the form of a

recently added and developed Period Correct Reproduction Part ....

i thought i did indeed recall the possible need and use for one on your end ?

Please PM me if you would like 1 or more Needed Samples mailed out Monday ......

the PO past work next to your wiper switch and under in-dash indicator lamp is a perfect OEM-Themed solution , and on earlier Models was

installed exactly in that particular location due to the omitted green 4WD indicator lamp once occupying that space ,

ALSO : NON USA models Diesel have a AMBER Glow PLUG lamp there or a AMBER FILTER indicator there as well i have seen , so a period correct

Chrome Plated Delete cap is simple idea solution ... :)

Please PM me a updated shipping addy and qty. of these you need , as i can't see your entire big picture dash complete layout above ?

- far RH passenger side possible OLD darth vader room lamp HOLE deleted ?

- Far LH side possible OLD LH green in dash indicator style turn signal DELETE hole as well maybe ?

- for example .......

1620537204939.png

1620537234735.png

A few 90950-01038-R Factory installed @plant A11 originally ...

chrome dash delete plugs Are heading your way Raymond ...

Enjoy brother

35CEE6B9-299F-481A-817A-EC9BC1E5C173.jpeg
BF89BD54-F541-4A1F-968F-CAE692C3983F.jpeg

A11 does not equal Plant A11.

A11=

A1= Honsha Plant
1= Manufacturing Line #1

Honsha only manufactured the frame and assigned the VIN/Frame number. That's it.

Everything else was assembled and installed at Yoshiwara or GIFU.

Updates on this:

Finally realized the wiring diagrams I have (3 of them) are really crap and I bought a fsm that covered my year. I also found the parking brake switch was hot to the touch so I replaced it and the dash bulb.
Also replaced all the rusty nuts on the back of the gauge cluster and cleaned the pcb with contact cleaner and isopropyl alcohol.

Last big change was adding a ground from the voltage regulator to the frame

Everything seems to be working now, I did two test drives and didn't have anymore blown fuses

Updates on this:

Finally realized the wiring diagrams I have (3 of them) are really crap and I bought a fsm that covered my year. I also found the parking brake switch was hot to the touch so I replaced it and the dash bulb.
Also replaced all the rusty nuts on the back of the gauge cluster and cleaned the pcb with contact cleaner and isopropyl alcohol.

Last big change was adding a ground from the voltage regulator to the frame

Everything seems to be working now, I did two test drives and didn't have anymore blown fuses

GOOD SHOW !

a trick i learned many moons ago was to also install a LOCK / SPRING washer along with ALL new HEX nuts back of cluster meter , PCB , this way the springes cut ends bite into the copper your just cleaned with alcohol all tidy , and bite the bottom of the HEX nut too

stainless nuts work best but zinc plated are fine ...........

at the very LEAST install LED update bulb to the High beam indicator , USE OEM Violet tone NOT BLUE to be clear

on original micro fiche , that tiny lense looks blue , is really JIS VIOLET ..........

it WILL blow your mind at night , to be able to see it work as intended

matt

This is a JIS Violet Color Tone LED max lumens 5 diode bulb
Nothing else on earth currently being made or invented yet compairs to the LUMEN output or color tone

the visual spectrum to your human eye at night or day combined with the more blueish tone of the OEM high beam indicator lenses will
Mesh in color wheel circle of 5th,s harmony like nothing you can possibly
Imagine ..

If u like I’ll mail you one out tomorrow

i gotcha covered here … :)

professional sample ............lets just say

D5EEE646-82E5-41FA-984B-FFD31AE8AE30.jpeg
1441AD54-C044-4E45-9DE1-AED60F9AC974.jpeg

Thanks Matt, I wanted to get all the bugs worked out before adding any variables like LEDs. Now that things seem to be working I'll give one a shot
KOOLNESS !

PM me your shipping addy .......

one will be OVERNIGHTED to you USPS express mail , :D

the membership needs to see and know about OEM VIOLET HBI lenses on microfiche ...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom