The Weekend at Asher's Farm

Discussion in 'KS/MO- Tornado Alley Cruisers' started by Degnol, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a great time, everyone was waaaay too nice to me. The food and conversation were most excellent. Son had a great time, too. I was embarassed about chickening out on the rock hill, but got excused for that and received offers to help with driving skills to help overcome. Rob, you may have started something with Graham, he was most impressed with everyone's driving and rig capabilities. I hope it inspires him to become a little more involved.
    So far, I'm not quite into "I fix, you break". Maybe he'll get to "You break, you fix".

Enough waxing on. Had a great time, great to meet everyone and thanks to ALL.

Ed Long

TLCA #14529

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Degnol : 06-19-05 at 07:16 PM.

2. 66fj40x2

66fj40x2

Media:
    Albums:
    I too had a fun weekend!!! Thanks to everyone for another good time! (seriously)

I managed to get the pull truck stuck twice, got to pull myself out once and trainrech got the honors the second time.
    Broke the 40 twice (Rob, thanks again for pulls!!!) & fixed it once (Eric, you da man!!!) got it home and off the trailer the stupid thing runs again :confused: !!! Pretty sure a new coil will fix it for a few more years.

Cruisers will break and can be repaired but good food and good people make for a great weekend!

:beer: :beer:

3. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    And you wifey DID NOT BREAK THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!

She wanted me to know that.

Thanks for making the trip and being fun..

Ed

4. trainrech

trainrech

Shannon and I had a blast as well. Last count was over 40 for the Molle BBQ. We ended up replacing the brake booster on my rig this morning. I don't think I've had power brakes for some time...

Hats off to the Asher's for allowing us to invade the farm and Bob Mathis for the BBQ.

Cheers.

5. tornadoalleycruiser

tornadoalleycruiser SILVER Star

Awesome time.. Thanks to all for helping me fix my junk.. Mike, thanks for the power steering fluid..
    I think our headcount was up to 44? Many kids and dogs, was a great time..
    Ended up replacing a trailer spring, thanks Trainrech for pointing out it was totally snapped!
    Special thanks to Lance and Debbie and Alex for hosting the event, Bob for all the awesome grub, This was out 5th BBQ! WOW..

Special thanks to Chris for all his help fixing my junk, Lance for running me into St Joseph Mo for a trailer spring and stuff.. Rob for jacking up my trailer, Casey for handing us all tools and hanging out (even after he had a brand new grandbaby!)
    I will be starting a new thread on a 30th Anniversary TLCA / TAC event.. Stay tuned!

Chris can we send a club Thankyou to Molle? And if anyone wants to send a thank you to Molle on your own that would be awesome!
    REmember 816-942-5200 is the Molle Toyota Parts Dept phone #.. Ask for TIM or BOB!
    I can help find the weird parts also if ya need.. I work across the interstate from em!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  6. climbhi

climbhi

Dido. It was great to see everyone and meet their families. Thanks again to Lance, Debie and Alex for the great hospitality and thanks to Molle for the event. :cheers:
    I wish we could have stayed Saturday night.

7. trainrech

trainrech

I'm going to delegate that to our club secretary. Or does he prefer to be called Administrative Assistant?

8. trainrech

trainrech

For a "wheeling-free" weekend, we did manage to need a few repairs:

Mike C. - gear on transmission, electrical gremlins
    Rob R. - minor electrical gremlin which resulted in major overheating and a nice anti-freeze explosion
    Erik C. - trailer spring
    Chris R. - brake booster

I also went through $5 in quarters last night to work on the outside of the rig. Still need to clean the inside. I hate mud, but it sure was fun.

9. Poriomania

Poriomania

A quick resize
    Debbieresize.jpg TreeRechre.jpg

10. Chef

Chef

We have a secretary?
    I like the pic of Rech trying to break his other birf.

Politeness Man says "Don't Drive Over Trees Chris!"

Better duck, there's a steel hanky comin at you (only Steve Fox will get this).

11. Bob_Garrett

Bob_Garrett

Don't care what ya call me... just call me in time for dinner :)

I can put something together. Any suggestions on how or who to send it to? I'd like to make sure that they know how much we appreciate their support and to make sure Bob gets the recognition he deserves for his effort.

12. trainrech

trainrech

A few more
    Asher's Weekend 2005 044 (Custom).jpg Asher's Weekend 2005 049 (Custom).jpg Asher's Weekend 2005 056 (Custom).jpg

13. trainrech

trainrech

A couple more, including one of Brock Pashia making google eyes at Holly Costello (hope I got the names right)
    Asher's Weekend 2005 017 (Custom).jpg Asher's Weekend 2005 024 (Small).jpg Asher's Weekend 2005 066 (Custom).jpg

14. "Little Red"

"Little Red"

Found you guys! It was a great weekend! Lance and Deb have a little bit of paradise to live on. Thanks . I look forward to the day of getting "little red" a little further away from stock so I can be with the big boys - thanks Rob for letting me ride shotgun while you pulled several to safety.
    C.V.

15. Poriomania

Poriomania

Couple more;
    Robresi.jpg Trailerresi.jpg

16. climbhi

climbhi

"A couple more, including one of Brock Pashia making google eyes at Holly Costello"

You can never start too young. Look at how Erik C. has ended up :crybaby:

17. Chef

Chef

Poriomania, I dig your avatar. I have a newfie, she's the best;)

Erik gets his share, don't waste your tears on him.

18. Poriomania

Poriomania

You met her at the wrenching weekend a few months ago. Great dogs even if it's only for three seasons out of the year. :)

19. Chef

Chef

I remember her.

My memory is for shi....wait, what were we talking about?

20. "Little Red"

"Little Red"

Since I am new here, how can I paste an "avatar" to my signature line - tried editing it, but it won't let me do anything with the settings.
    cv

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.