Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

money back? has the pigeaten guarentee

Wouldnt one have to give money to take money? I’ll pay this one forward in your spirit if the need arises.

Add that to the year change thread......

Added 75% ceramic tint to the Warthog today. This stuff is barely tint and to me, is the only thing I like on old Cruisers. Dark just does not look right to me.

This stuff is pretty cool. I put it in my 80 and 60 since they have AC and it will really help them. Not sure what a big help this will be except when parked since the windows have to be down when it’s warm.

4DA9DCD9-C35E-4A40-B73C-2C29435E07D9.jpeg

7BFA8058-33AE-47D6-BD8A-BD4793FEE3E8.jpeg

I got a new speedo cable from @cruiseroutfit and a new speedo from @Pigeaten

I was pretty stoked to possibly get my speedometer and odometer back so I tore into the Warthog with gusto.

speedo was a win. The part was right.

new odometer? Man

I re wires everything. Added the new Speedo. Went to plug in the cable.

Wrong plug.......

I cleaned my old one up as best I could without dissecting the odometer and damn

speedo. No odo.

View attachment 2638769
My odometer was all gummed up. A simple clean and rebuild got her working again. Details in my build thread.

Since @J Mack made fun of my dirt wall I drive up to flex my truck I decided to start forming up a spot that can wash out and then grass up this summer. Needs to be deeper for the Warthog though

BB3A8E9E-E793-4807-9114-769EC0D58E31.jpeg

296181A5-3DA6-4B1C-BDF7-3E30C2CC3CE7.jpeg

So perfect except for the dang power lines!

That thing runs a mile through my farm. It’s the only open land we have left.

When it’s raining you can get an electric charge standing under it with a piece of metal.

Triple bundle conductor and good distance between phases I'd say it's at least 138kV. If you are feeling induction it might be 240 or 500kV.

I've put a lot of lines thru people's properties but not in your state.

Triple bundle conductor and good distance between phases I'd say it's at least 138kV. If you are feeling induction it might be 240 or 500kV.

I've put a lot of lines thru people's properties but not in your state.

This one went up by the TVA in 1965.

That thing runs a mile through my farm. It’s the only open land we have left.

When it’s raining you can get an electric charge standing under it with a piece of metal.
In just the right weather my buddies & I used to get fluorescent tubes to glow at my dad’s place out in the field, same deal.

I notice when the humidity is higher you feel it. I was doing a survey under a 500kV line a few years back and it was cold so I had work gloves on. Our survey rods are carbon fiber but the fittings are aluminum. There is a small area in the middle of the rod where you have aluminum and not carbon fiber. Well I picked up the rod right at that spot and mf zapped me and put a hole in my glove. There have been a few times I've experienced induction but that one hurt the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom