Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's cool (not literally), but I'm looking to put AC in both my 86 truck and my 77 40...and Georgia is about as miserable as MS.

Garth, I am not going to drive this hog in the summer except to keep the gaskets and bushings oiled. This is going to be my true farm truck. I will cat around in it on occasion but its getting 750-16 bias ply on the slip rims and a 20' paint job.....

Tell me about that fuel filter? Looks pretty stout!

I live on a farm and we have 4 fuel tanks here. 3 diesel and 1 gas. All have in-line filters for particles and water.

From what I was reading, the fine rust that will remain in my tank would produce stuff that would pass through a stock filter and lodge in the carb jets.

This filter cuts down the size of the particles about 75%.

I primed the filter with gas, hooked it all up and its working great. No leaks. It was about $100. Flush with 25 gallons of vinegar was about $100. I figure for the price of a radiator shop blasting my tank, I got clean gas without dealing with the rusted up crossmember

I got a brass gear for my rear window and cracked it open to replace it and son of a gun, it's fine. The arm was over extended and out of gear.

The PO sent me some keys and one of them fit the tailgate switch so I'm swapping that in. I knocked off a connection stripping the wires.

I'll solder it back. I'm also going to ground the motors and bypass the safety switch.

IMG_5546.JPG
IMG_5551.JPG

Wngrog,

Something to check, see if the two gears are off set @ 4 teeth, otherwise the glass will bind going up.

Wngrog,

Something to check, see if the two gears are off set @ 4 teeth, otherwise the glass will bind going up.

What exactly are you telling me
To check?

The two arms with gears on the end, if they aren't meshed together right, the window will bind. Bump the motor down carefully until the arms almost bottom out. Count the teeth on each gear from the spot where they mesh, to each end. The one side should be @ 4 teeth different. Sorry for the poor explanation, best way I know. I know mine was off and the window kept binding in the track.

Got the weatherstrip in. It's curing.

Started popping in the interior. This will have to come out so I can seal off the fenders. The PO cut out the rust and in turn it's wide open from outside to inside.

I used metal friendly expanding foam when I did my 40. May just use metal tape since it's temporary.

IMG_5568.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

It's a double cab Diahatsu Deck Van we use around the farm. I've got a Suzuki pickup too. They replaced 4 wheelers and side by sides around here. Light and easy to fix.

On the rear hatch. My drivers side needs to be pushed in slightly for the window to roll up and not hit my brand new bling weatherstrip.

What is the best way to tighten up that mechanism?

1/4" all I need.

Have you tried to adjust the hinges? Is the tailgate out a 1/4" or is the glass out? Maybe you can adjust the track?

Make sure it isn't hitting the big rubber part of the weather stripping , I had to trim some on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom