The wall f***ing won (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I could make the turn but I couldn’t.

Was quoted $2500 for parts and labor on this body job. A couple questions -

1. Body shop said the bumper would be “certified” but they could also order a bumper straight from Toyota but it would be a lot more expensive.
2. Body shop also wouldn’t be willing to buy a used bumper because they cannot “guarantee” the work
3. Said the fender can be worked on without having to replace

So, 2500$ for a new bumper and fender work? This seems high. Wouldn’t I be better off buying a salvaged bumper? Someone also reccomended buying an ARB bumper?

Thanks all - looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

View attachment 3114874
69141048-96BD-4750-AECC-05CF989C37E1.jpeg

6C380088-1E52-4740-90F6-C0D8631EAF98.jpeg

Last edited:
you got lucky, no hood and very little fender damage. I would collect the insurance check, buy an ARB / SLEE / Etc. and send it
This. I'd even run the fender as it is.

Give your favorite PDR guy $200 to fix the fender about 95%of the way.

Buy an ARB bumper for $1200ish (or whatever they are now) or find a used OEM bumper for free-fifty, pay $300 to have it painted.

Pocket the rest.

This is a pretty ideal insurance situation. What's to question?

Easy way to get a steel bumper! If you wheel I’d leave the fender too, just bang out the indent and clear coat the cracks?

Paintless dent repair on the small dent and an ARB bumper which might add to the value of the car depending on the buyer.

An ARB bumper would add to the value for me.

The way your headlights mount in that area, they too may be affected due to the impact. The valance under them seems tweaked. I could be totally wrong, but wouldn’t hurt to check them out. If they are damaged you may as well get them ready to be replaced as a “while you’re in there” type of thing. Or wheel the piss out of it as is, like you just don’t care.

As others have said: PDR or junk yard fender, and an offroad bumper 100%.

really thankful for posting here. I never considered an off road bumper for this situation but I think that’s what I’m going to do!!

Thank you all! Now to research what type of bumper and where to get it installed 🫡

Give your favorite PDR guy $200 to fix the fender about 95%of the way.

Buy an ARB bumper for $1200ish (or whatever they are now) or find a used OEM bumper for free-fifty, pay $300 to have it painted.

Pocket the rest.

This is a pretty ideal insurance situation. What's to question?
100% this.

Dissent is running a special on their front bumpers too last I checked.

Somebody must have a stock bumper in their garage that they can send this guy! I keep trying tear mine off on the trail so I can get a Dissent. Hasn't happened.

I have a stock one he can have. I think it is even the correct color. It is in fair to middling shape.

I got a new bumper from my local Toyota dealer for $200 or so. Comes wrap in Lexus/Toyota bubble wrap, but it definitely isn't the same as the one I have on the LC now. Pretty sure it's the same they sell at Rockauto for $80 less. Didn't install yet, so no idea on how it fits. My old bumper is still there but had a couple of previous repairs that were done in a less than perfect way.
I'm waiting on some free time to repaint the hood and new bumper, when I'll get it done I'll have an available one, same Thunder Cloud color as yours, but it's shipping alone will be expensive (unless you want to come visit Hollywood, FL) so if you have a local Toyota Dealer just order it online and go pick it up from them.

Or get an ARB and show that wall who's the boss!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom