The "Un-Official" Off Road Trailer Pic Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steel frame and bed, with a wood box. the trailer has 3500lbs axle and 700lbs springs and a sliding tongue.
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg

A few recent pics with my trailer.

and I recently color matched the trailer to the cruiser

the bracket holding the ax, what bracket is it and where did you get it?

Any details on the construction?

The frame was build by a friend using "C" channel metal and then a large flat piece of metal put on top. The tongue is 2.5 x 2.5 and a 2 x 2 piece to slide inside to make an adjustable tongue. The axle is a 3500 lbs axle to get the 5 x 5 bolt pattern to match the JK. I used 700 lbs springs, because the where the lightest I could find, the trailer loaded weights in at 1235 lbs. the box is made out of wood, with a 2 X 8 creating the slope on the side and the rest being 1x2 to make the frame and ply wood for the sides. The box has its own floor and can be removed if need. The lid is a 2 X 2 frame and ply wood, with foam seals inside the lid to seal up the box, been through major storms and no leaking.

I have more detailed pictures that I can post later.

Some of this might get changed up next month, looking at improvements

I don't think my stock M101 off-road would fit in here, but I am subscribing anyway :D

Matching wheels...

The icing on the cake....:beer:
I wanted to add a 31 gallon water tank to the underside of the trailer so I lifted it. JJ's are really low slung and I made it 3" taller so this would work without hitting the axle. The matching wheels were a given considering some of the places we've gone.
I do have to give a shout out to Adventure Trailer who made my water tank and skids.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's the latest on this trailer, built a rack for the RTT, working on a fold down kitchen work area, where the drawers still slide out underneath. All under the awning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom