The "Un-Official" Off Road Trailer Pic Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kimberly kamper! Nice!

It is nice. Still learning all the ins and outs and even though I've been through the literature and the videos from their website hundreds of times I'm still finding little details that impress me.

Nice trailer. Some of you american guys might like the look of the patriot campers. I believe they are going to start exporting next year.

That sounds great, during my research I came across Patriot and a few other Australian manufacturers that really impressed me with their offerings. After recalculating the purchase price without the VAT and striking while the exchange rate was extremely in my favor I opted for the Kimberley and now that I have it in hand am very happy with my purchase. Now I need to clean everything to get rid of whatever it could have picked up in transit and then start loading it with our gear.

It is nice. Still learning all the ins and outs and even though I've been through the literature and the videos from their website hundreds of times I'm still finding little details that impress me.

That sounds great, during my research I came across Patriot and a few other Australian manufacturers that really impressed me with their offerings. After recalculating the purchase price without the VAT and striking while the exchange rate was extremely in my favor I opted for the Kimberley and now that I have it in hand am very happy with my purchase. Now I need to clean everything to get rid of whatever it could have picked up in transit and then start loading it with our gear.

The Kimberly are a beautiful trailer. Walked through one at a 4wd and caravan show a couple of months ago. The patriot are really expensive for what you get. I just wish i was rich enough to buy a toy hauler off them.

Fairly stock m101cdn serves me well. Good size and versatile for utility and camping use. Keep the weight reasonable for the old BJ60 to pull.

IMG_2673a.jpg

DSC_0031a.jpg

DSC_0302a.jpg

DSC_0868a.jpg

Thanks for sharing ideas on this thread! It is awesome.

IMG_0159.JPG

This is not a long distance off road trailer, and I still need to build/add fenders, but it is our current crap hauler. I thought I would share some pics for ideas of people searching. I randomly bought a 56 Ford stepside trailer for $150 on my way home from work. I was planning to use it as a dump trailer as we no longer have a truck. I knew it wasn't worthy of long distance trips, and in Wyoming we do a lot of miles on the highway before any dirt roads take us to our final destination. Long story longer, I sold the stepside bed to someone restoring their 1956 truck, and decided to use the rest of the trailer (frame, springs, axle) and see how I like having a trailer. It has pretty good ground clearance, and rides great with truck rear springs and shocks. After selling the stepside bed I threw $100 in lumber on it and a knaack tool box on the front (because it was sitting empty in my garage for 2 years).

It seems to work well with 1' sidewalls made from 2x4's, and pressure treated 3/4" plywood floor.

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

The size seems to work well for us (4' x 6.5')

Cool man. My trailer started with way less than yours a long time ago.
I used a plastic cartop carrier to haul my camping stuff screwed to the deck.

What is that trailer? It looks practical I just can't tell what it is.
These trailers were sold buy Sear and Roebuck, and I believe they where manufactured by Allstate trailer. (if you google clam shell trailer they come up) there was as single wheel version also.

Here's a couple for you to look at that we built at my company...we did a 23Zero roof top tent (Litchfield), VERY impressed with the quality of the tent. The frame on this trailer is 100% aluminum, all-tube, fully welded cage frame, it's built for heavy-duty use. The inside is a climate controlled (9200 BTU's of A/C and 6000 BTU's of heat), we test this bad boy in -10 degree F windchill and 7 degree F ambient...the trailer was 71 degree F inside...toasty warm in conditions most people wouldn't consider camping in (now, that was NOT on the roof top tent). We also installed a Rhino-Rack Foxwing awning...swings off the curbside wall and goes 260 degrees around the entire front of the trailer, so it covers our slideout kitchenette. We did a full vinyl wrap with an urban rusted theme...pretty cool.
IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

Then take a look at our micro lite toy hauler...we did a camo warp on this one...turned out pretty cool, this trailer is just a bit larger than the above one...with a rear ramp door set up to transport motorcycles or a full size ATV. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_7274.JPG

That doesn't look like it would be very capable offroad other than maybe gravel roads. What kind of suspension does that have?

Morris Mule trailer. I just rhino lined he whole thing. I bought some used LC wheels and will mount them on the trailer n spring.

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

There are some awesome trailers in this thread! Here is my trailer in progress. I don't know what is started life out as, the DMV inspector told me it was military but I can't find anything that looks like it so I kinda doubt it. We took it on our first camping trip this weekend. Next weekend we are painting it to match the FJ40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom