The "Un-Official" Off Road Trailer Pic Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the trailer is done , the jeep is not
IMG_0558-1.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

RockMolester said:
Here is a couple of pics when in use. 1 Elk hunting 2 Camping
attachment.php

I'd like to avoid covering my trailer in mud like that. Has anyone looked into a good quick release mudflap option? I think the best protection would come from one of those RV "grass skirts" mounted to the receiver hitch on the rear bumper. Has anyone done anything like this?

brush-splash.jpg

Anyone???

Still a work in progress. This trailer is unique in design. It is a pop up made from 2 FJ40 tubs and tops chopped and fabricated together. The top section holds a queen mattress, all my bedding, a 60" table, and the tent enclosure. Ultimately, below the bed, the front section will contain a propane tank, 18 gal water tank, battery, electrics, toilet, shower, and a 70" slide out kitchen with bar, sink, stove, lantern mast, and drawers for kitchen storage all coverd by a pole-less awning. The rear section is left open for camping gear storage. It has dual swingout spares and a tailgate for an additional work space. Rear corners have reciever tubes out each side for accessorie platforms (I.E. fridge opposite kitchen) or stabalizer jacks. Also has a reciever hitch out the back for recovery or winch mount. Sand ladders, shovel, axe, etc. all mount to the front above tongue. Sand ladders act as a shield for debris. Currently set up with a rotating lunet for maximum articulation. Updated pictures in my build thread "Expedition trailer made from 2 FJ40 tubs"
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2593.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg

Last edited:
nice work volcanic! that a pintle on there? looks to have some really good departure angles. whats your tongue length?
THanks! I still have a long way to go. The tongue is 42" from the body to the end of the lunette ring.

Hey Drew where are your trailer photos, you have been working on for 2 years, it has got to be some kind of machine..Need to see em brother..

That's a pretty slick matched pair you got. What kind of hitch setup will you be using? Something other than just a ball I hope. And some webbing over the trailer cargo area? When I look at the entire setup I almost expect to see the trailer have its own cage, lol. Very nice.

1711c168.jpg

c0f5e6da.jpg

54addc1c.jpg

Wonderful pictures Guys and Gals.. Great inspiration for my build..

Wow ! I cant believe how many ILTIS trailers made it to the U.S.

3 days of easy beach side camping at a California State Park

Glamping it in Joaquin Suave's front yard at the Central Coast Meet-n-Greet, '09:

IMG_0662.jpg

It's not an RTT on a little trailer, it's a TrailBlazer trailer.
IMG_0464.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom