The Ultimate Honda Trailbike Tech Thread (possible NSFW) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what gauge steel will those work with?

Hello I am wanting to restore a ct200 and woukd appreciate any help it looks like moat of the engine is there minus the clutch I am wondering if any parts off a honda elite might work like the carb etc thanks revive

I have a CT90 blog where I have posted a number of technical posts on how to work on and repair your CT90 and also have a number of pages with links to a variety of CT90 resources (where to find manuals, wire diagrams, where to buy parts, etc.) So if you're looking for CT90 info feel free to check out my blog.

CT90 Restoration Adventures

Mike

Last edited:
I have a CT90 blog where I have posted a number of technical posts on how to work on and repair your CT90 and also have a number of pages with links to a variety of CT90 resources (where to find manuals, wire diagrams, where to buy parts, etc.) So if you're looking for CT90 info feel free to check out my blog.

Mike

you should link it!

Thread bump is timely for me because I’m going to try and get a ‘69 K1 running this weekend!

Thread bump is timely for me because I’m going to try and get a ‘69 K1 running this weekend!

good luck. make sure the battery is fully charged. it will not start without a full charge.

Wanted to share a couple new links for sites with info:
I think this is a derivative of the Yahoo group: Honda Trail - CT90 & CT110 Forum

Also this funny guy rebuilt a CT90 he found in a field:

Frame number: CT90-219524

Engine number: CT90E-219500

This makes it an early K1 with a 4-screw carburetor

$16 battery, check

$3 in fresh gas, check

Bought a new spark plug and fuel filters and fuel line, just in case.

Today siphoned out the old gas, drained the carb bowl, refilled. Took out old battery, had duct tape wrapped around it, and had made a mess of the battery compartment. Cleaned that up and put the new battery in. Headlamp worked. Horn worked. Kicked it a few times no dice. Put the fuel on reserve and fired right up after 2 or 3 kicks. Putted around the driveway and tried out high and low range. Had to almost pin the throttle to get it to move at all, so I think next steps are to fix the high altitude knob (bike is living at 9000 feet), check the valve adjustment and cylinder compression, and replace the points and check timing. Change the oil. After that check the clutch adjustment.

But fun to have it living!

Found out yesterday why it appeared to have no power. Should have figured out the shift pattern before we got it running. We were trying to run around the property in 4 high and it was bogging on us. Yesterday I put it in 1 low and it climbed like a billy goat straight up the mountain! The battery was dead though and it wouldn’t start later so I think the rectifier upgrade is in order.

I've searched the forum and couldn't find this. Looks like this was uploaded a few weeks ago. A couple guys take a ct 90 and new 125 up the dalton highway. Makes me want to get mine running.

Hello I am restoring a 64 Honda CT 200 ... is this the best site to buy parts ??
Dratv.com probably has the most complete collection for those, trailbuddy.com, tbolt.com, chip.com, tbparts.com all sell various Honda trail bike parts too. The dealership may still be able to get some parts too. And eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom