The Ultimate Honda Trailbike Tech Thread (possible NSFW) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CT90 airbox mod?

Hello. Post #1 for me. :grinpimp: Anyone used any aftermarket air intake for their CT90? I've got a 1974 K5. Stock airbox is so busted I am saving $$$ to buy one.
but hey, i modded my diesel truck's airbox, so I figure there's a neat way to come up with an alternative to the stock airbox on this thing. :hmm:

Hello. Post #1 for me. :grinpimp: Anyone used any aftermarket air intake for their CT90? I've got a 1974 K5. Stock airbox is so busted I am saving $$$ to buy one.
but hey, i modded my diesel truck's airbox, so I figure there's a neat way to come up with an alternative to the stock airbox on this thing. :hmm:

There is a part you can buy to clock the carb and use a cone-type K&N looking filter.

Honda Mini Trails Honda mini bikes and Honda Z50 Honda 50 Honda Minitrail NOS Parts and services Kitaco and Takegawa performance parts.

Scroll down until you find it. I think you need the clocking adapter and the airfilter due to it's length.

GL:beer:

dr atv sells them new for your bike. you can also just get a generic 35mm air filter fitting off ebay for $8-20. double check the diameter of your carb throat but it should be 35mm.

Are you referring to the two styles on dratv that are nice and chromed? i wasn't sure if i had a "front facing carb" like they say they are intended for.

dr atv sells an oem replacement airbox and boot plus fittings that will fit your bike. you can get the little generic chrome one that dr atv sells for less on ebay.

you should have the carb air intake facing the rear. the last front facing intake was 1968.

BigJim, all six foot ten of him has owned two CT110's, (I know kind of funny looking, heck my first bike was a CL125) and would like another one for use around the property. If I purchase one that is not local how do I get it transported home? It seems I could spend alot of money just getting the bike moved.

dieseldog had a ct110 shipped from washington to texas. you should give him a pm. he is travelling right now but i am sure he will respond in a day or two.

BigJim, all six foot ten of him has owned two CT110's, (I know kind of funny looking, heck my first bike was a CL125) and would like another one for use around the property. If I purchase one that is not local how do I get it transported home? It seems I could spend alot of money just getting the bike moved.

dieseldog had a ct110 shipped from washington to texas. you should give him a pm. he is travelling right now but i am sure he will respond in a day or two.

Thanks, Semlin, for letting me know this question was on the table. I purchased a 1984 CT110 on eBay back in the fall of last year. It was in Olympia, WA and I live in Houston, TX. With the help of Nick Valentine, the bike was picked up and trucked to Vancouver, WA. After a couple months in Nick's care, we had the bike shipped via Forward Air. It's really very simple. Go to https://www.forwardair.com/prepaid/MCmainpage.jsp and check it out. Nick took the bike to the Portland, OR terminal and had it shipped in one of Forward Air's special motorcycle crates to the terminal in Houston, TX. The full cost was approximately $500, which included the use of the container. You must provide two locks for the container and sufficient straps to secure the motorcycle inside the container. Nick can elaborate on this; however, my understanding is that he was given access to the container and he personally secured the bike inside after having strapped it down inside. The plus is that you can stick other things inside the container too--like spare tires, parts, wheels, etc. Easy peasy Japanesie.

Thanks, Semlin, for letting me know this question was on the table. I purchased a 1984 CT110 on eBay back in the fall of last year. It was in Olympia, WA and I live in Houston, TX. With the help of Nick Valentine, the bike was picked up and trucked to Vancouver, WA. After a couple months in Nick's care, we had the bike shipped via Forward Air. It's really very simple. Go to https://www.forwardair.com/prepaid/MCmainpage.jsp and check it out. Nick took the bike to the Portland, OR terminal and had it shipped in one of Forward Air's special motorcycle crates to the terminal in Houston, TX. The full cost was approximately $500, which included the use of the container. You must provide two locks for the container and sufficient straps to secure the motorcycle inside the container. Nick can elaborate on this; however, my understanding is that he was given access to the container and he personally secured the bike inside after having strapped it down inside. The plus is that you can stick other things inside the container too--like spare tires, parts, wheels, etc. Easy peasy Japanesie.
Wow, thanks. So I guess the guy here in Sacramento asking $2500 for a mint clean 110 with 800 miles on it is not an unreasonable price! Ouch!

Anyone here good at diagnostics? I have a no spark problem on a CT90K0 and the factory manual does not have a section on this. Everything else, but not this. TIA.

Anyone here good at diagnostics? I have a no spark problem on a CT90K0 and the factory manual does not have a section on this. Everything else, but not this. TIA.

First and foremost, check that the fuse on the battery's positive wire is not blown.

Second, do you have a good working battery in there? These bikes don't do anything without a decently charged battery. Old batteries that have lost their charge won't hold a charge for long. You can get new ones for about $15.

If the battery and fuse are good, it might be the coil or the wiring, but 9 times out of 10 it is the battery.

First and foremost, check that the fuse on the battery's positive wire is not blown.

Second, do you have a good working battery in there? These bikes don't do anything without a decently charged battery. Old batteries that have lost their charge won't hold a charge for long. You can get new ones for about $15.

If the battery and fuse are good, it might be the coil or the wiring, but 9 times out of 10 it is the battery.
I second this. I was dikin' around with a dead battery for a while and could not figure out why I was having such trouble. Even with the kick start, these guys won't start without a good battery. After a lengthy charge, the bike starts on the second or third kick every time!

Honda ct125 Ignition

G'day, first post for me :)

I have a 1980 Honda ct 125 which was runnin a week ago but my mate decided to take all the electrics off it (including disabling the killswitch from the coil and all that stuff.)

I am under the impression that she will run without the electrics?

I have spent hours trying to work out how to wire the killswitch back up with no luck. I just can get it going.

Any suggestions or question would be appreciated.

Cheers, Kodie

G'day, first post for me :)

I have a 1980 Honda ct 125 which was runnin a week ago but my mate decided to take all the electrics off it (including disabling the killswitch from the coil and all that stuff.)

I am under the impression that she will run without the electrics?

I have spent hours trying to work out how to wire the killswitch back up with no luck. I just can get it going.

Any suggestions or question would be appreciated.

Cheers, Kodie
I am no expert but I doubt it will run without the electrics. See the post above. The CT90 will not even start with a dead battery. It needs juice.

I made this as a reply to the question "how do I fix dents in my tank without filler. I do these repairs using Paintless Dent Repair if you have any questions just ask. These are before and after shots of tank with no painting Z50 before.jpg

z50 after.jpg
Z50 before.jpg
z50 after.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
How do I do it?

Well first I weld up a jig to hold the tank if I haven't already done one, then I use a light stand designed to let me see into the dents better. I have tools that look like dentist picks for a dinosaur, and with just the right pressure slowly massage the dents out from the inside. Paintless Dent Repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom