The Ultimate Build-up Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KOWBOY

President
Threads
Website
www.elwoodwhitetrash.com
Build-up threads are way cool and seem quite popular so I thought I'd do one on my own junk! :cool:

Problem is .... they tend to drag out over weeks .... or months .... or even friggin' years. :rolleyes:

I'm fixin' to share with ya my highly-skilled transformation of my junk from a little sprung-under trail rig into the biggest ... the baddest ... rig to ever stay in camp while I sit there and drink beer. :D

..... and I'm gonna do it in less than two weeks. :grinpimp:

The White Trash Motto: "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

:bounce: :bounce2: :flamingo: :flamingo: :flamingo: :bounce2: :bounce:

Got bored few days ago so decided to head on up the 'Con. Long drive so stopped over at The Icehouse Resort to spend the night and down a few cold ones at their most excellent bar. :D

My junk was ready to give 'er Hell. Bran-spankin' new 4.88 gears, mighty lock-rights front and rear, freshly rebuilt SM420, 4" lift springs, and a set of sweet 35" BFG's. :grinpimp:

Had me one of them three-speed transfer cases too but I never could find the damn third gear in 'er. :doh:

Last edited:
Had me a damn-fine view from my camp at Spider Lake. :cool:

(Musta been right 'fore all them folks s*** all over the place and it got closed down. :mad: )

Last edited:
I hate trail repairs ... broke that damn little pin that goes through them leaf springs. Happens alot to me. :frown:

One feller said if'n I'd tighten them crooked bolts that wrap around the axle once in awhile ... then this wouldn't happen. :confused:

Hell ... I'll show him .... I'll just get rid of the damn thangs when I get home! :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Figure since I was in Californey anyhow ... mite as well bop on over to Sierra Trek and run 'er at night. :cool:

I hate stock trucks .... mite have to work on my tow rig next ....

Thinkin' on sellin' this big ol' honkin' trailer too. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
It was a great trip but I'm thinkin' it's time to do somethin' different with my junk ..... I wanna go big. By Gawd I wanna be the biggest dog to stay on the porch. :D

So when I got home yesterday ... I put 'er up on my lift.

Spent the better part of today just strippin' 'er down a little. :grinpimp:

Beer time now tho ... more to follow in a day or so.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flamingo: :flamingo: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Tell more, tell more!!!

Damn folks ...this is harder than I thought. :frown:

Not the wrenchin' part ... but just findin' the time. Between workin' my two jobs, goin' to medical school at night to be a brain surgeon, and doin' volunteer work at the homeless shelter .....

But I did get a little more done. :grinpimp:

Went to bolt on my shiny new transfer case but none of the damn bolts lined up. :doh:

Got 'er in there tho .... with the help of an A-dapt'r kit. :D

Last edited:
No rest for the weary here folks ... gotta strict time shedule. ;p

Made me a mount that bolts to the transfer case A-dapt'r kit and goes to the frame .... don't want my belly saggin'. :eek:

Last edited:
Sucks havin' to work by myself ... had to make me a jig on my lift to hold up the axle so I could do me some cypherin'. :D

Last edited:
Shaved the hell outta the pumpkin ... even machined a tad off the ring gear for a closer shave. :D

I narrowed a 14-bolt (still got 14 bolts on 'er ... just the bottom ones been moved).

Tossed in some Moser axles, 5.13 gears, a Detroit, and threw some disk brakes on the ends of 'er. :bounce:

Last edited:
I done inserted the mounts for the lower rear links into the frame so wouldn't be hittin' no rocks. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
After puttin' in two 25 hour-days .....

Done built a little hoopy thang over the pumpkin to hook up the wishbone 3-link deal to. Also got me some flat spots to mount some slinky springs. :cool:

Last edited:
With the rearend tossed together ... did the same sorta deal on the front.

Front axle's a narrowed D60 with the same goodies as the back 'cept I stuffed an ARB in it. :D

Last edited:
Done had me an enjuneerin' brainstorm and made the front lower links identical to the rear ... only need one spare. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Done found my motor mounts were fawked up so made me some new ones real quick and welded 'em in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom