The Ultimate 200 Series Headlight Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
I've been building headlights for MUD members since late 2011. I just landed a new job working for Toyota. My headlight business will have to stop since I have no time to work on them anymore.

I was contacted by a fellow 200 Series owner and we started working on a parts list.

2008 200 Halogen headlights
-Quad FXR 3.0 Bi-Xenon Projectors
-OEM Toyota Denso Ballasts
-OEM Phillips 85122+ D2S bulbs
-Infiniti G37 Shrouds
-110mm LED Amber Demon Eyes
-Piano Black Paint Finish
- LED DRL/ Turn
- Custom Engraved Lens with "TEQ" and "Land Cruiser".
-Lots more!

I figured it would be cool to document my last set of headlights that I will build. I've done dozens of 80 and 100 Series headlights. These will be the first 200 Series headlights with a complete make over.

These will take about a month to complete. So stay tuned :)

-Nick

Last edited:
Parts:
IMG_20140612_150020:nopm:.jpg

Demon Eye Mock Up:
IMG_20140612_150457:nopm:.jpg

Taped off bezel, sanding down chrome:
20140612_164239.jpg

IMG_20140612_184013:nopm:.jpg

Cant wait to see the final product, Nick. Good to see you over here in the 200 section. For all of you who are not familiar with Nicks work, then you are in for a treat.

Subscribed. Have you tracked failures? How is the performance so far? I'm assuming you were using the same hardware and components in the previous builds.

I pulled the painters tape off and polished up the paint today it came out really well. I'm sending the other bezel tonight and should be starting on the projectors and LEDs soon.
IMG_20140615_183159:nopm:.jpg

IMG_20140615_183514:nopm:.jpg

IMG_20140615_183811:nopm:.jpg

cool

I have gone your route and ended up frustrated with the results. Your build is much better looking. I never got the alignment right, the bouncing around, no motor adjusment and finally the led rings faulting and dimming made me tear out the system and upgrade to OEM HID, never been happier. Stock everything but Denso Ballasts, and Osram CBI D2S bulbs. Im happy to help with any install question you have atm. Its a fustrating process.
j c m i r o (at) g m a i l dot com

I have gone your route and ended up frustrated with the results. Your build is much better looking. I never got the alignment right, the bouncing around, no motor adjusment and finally the led rings faulting and dimming made me tear out the system and upgrade to OEM HID, never been happier. Stock everything but Denso Ballasts, and Osram CBI D2S bulbs. Im happy to help with any install question you have atm. Its a fustrating process.
j c m i r o (at) g m a i l dot com

shot you an email, thanks!

no update says its been raining every single day for the past week and a half. I won't be working tomorrow so that will give me quite a bit of time to install the projectors and get everything engraved

C'mon Nick. I just bought a 200 and need some inspiration to do a projector conversion!

I have been very busy working 60+ hours a week. Moving around a bit. I've made quite a bit of head wind on these but still working on it! Slow and steady. I talk with the owner everyday. I kinda missed the one month dead line. Buuuuuuuuut it's a LOT of work.

I'll post some updated shots tonight.

What time is night where your from?
I wanna see those lights!

Lt+me+waiting+for+the+gif+to+load+_a94dc67eec0e601a63e1bcd389df6293.jpg

I have been traveling (again).

This is where the headlights sit. Waiting for a few other parts to come in. The lens are going to be engraved soon. I've been running behind on this project and just starting back up on it.

2014-08-25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom