The stork is on its way! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The dogs were in before me!
20200129_222041.jpg

Here are the tire before/after shots
20200129_222706.jpg
20200129_230805.jpg
20200129_230742.jpg

I want to play with the new toy all night but waaaay too long of a day. It'll have to wait!

Looks wicked Pat. Putting that new tire changer to use I see.

Was honored to be there for the arrival parade. I think she’s going to clean up nicely.

Buddy even rides on the forklift...

6F1A5FE0-1B76-4B43-97C6-7968059D5000.jpeg

A little better picture in the daylight. The truck has an Earl Scheib paint job in grey that you can rub off with your thumb. Underneath is the original 8B4 blue metallic. I'm going for the strip and polish and we'll see how it comes out.
20200130_092441.jpg
20200130_092448.jpg

Last edited:
The truck runs, drives and stops amazing for having a 2011 tag on the plate! It has some clunks and rattles underneath but nothing disconcerting. I'll have to investigate. Sounds like shock mounts, sway bar bushings, etc.

One of my employees stole it and took it for a spin
20200130_080314.jpg

Busted!

Thank you. I love bringing an old truck back to life!
I have my eye on one 3 miles from me. For the last 4 years it’s been aging more and more being we are close to the beach.
Just sits there.
Owners already know I am showing interest.
Need another project myself.

I have my eye on one 3 miles from me. For the last 4 years it’s been aging more and more being we are close to the beach.
Just sits there.
Owners already know I am showing interest.
Need another project myself.
Go git it!

Cool truck. Even better that it runs and drives with minimal work needed.

That front bumper looks like it needs a trip through the blast/spray/bake program you’ve got going.

Cool truck. Even better that it runs and drives with minimal work needed.

That front bumper looks like it needs a trip through the blast/spray/bake program you’ve got going.
Yeah, the front bumper is a little tired. I have a pretty nice one that was on my other 60 sitting around. I also bought brand new Toyota bumpers and ends a while back and decided to do an ARB front and 4plus rear on the other truck so I might even use the new bumpers on this one.

A quick bit of polishing revealed the blue. It is so thin that the grey primer shows through in a lot of spots but I actually love the way that looks. Pile on the wax and let the patina shine!
20200130_171129.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom