the "SMORR Fall Crawl'n with TAC" planing thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Time to shift it up a gear.

what we have got
chair/planing - Rob
art work- Alex
t-shirts - Chris
food - Ed
sippy cup chalange - Heath

what we need
raffle prizes - will break up the list could use 3-4 volunteers
banner
kids raffle
registraition
ad - due Mid May
and everything I'm forgetting right now

Last edited:
Alex Asher is working on the artwork as she finds time in her busy schedule. As soon as I have that I will check a couple of spots for shirts.

Rob - do we want to put completion dates so we stay on top of these items?

I have contacted Andrew about the registration. Who will be putting together the registration form for the trails? Need to find out when the next submission deadline is for the TT.

Chris, I'll see if I can find out when your deadline is for trails.. I have a contact somewhere.. :)

not been real good on checking in on the forum.

One request I would make is that part of the registration be registering for the sippie cup - I wanted that at GATOR and didn't get it. It made it difficult to know what ages or how many I had to plan for. Would also make it easier for me to try and check in with participants in advance to make sure trails chossen are appropriate.

I will put together the kids raffle.. How many kids are expected?

Q

No Problemo:)......Some questions I have received so far.
  • Does the registration Fee cover the entry fee into the park? Does it include camping? How much more to hook up a pop up camper/RV?
  • What day will the park open? Hopefully Wednesday???
:)As always, any feedback is appreciated:)

The registration fee does not cover park or camping fees. SMORR has waived any passenger fees (usually $5 per person per day) and has multi-day discounts for vehicle/driver fees.

The fee schedule will be posted on our website as soon as we open up on-line registration.

I have not talked to Brandon about days the park will be open - good question! Will advise.

Anyone got any Sippy Cup Challenge ideas?

Still want to do the simple formula

1 - Trail Ride - Short and easy

2 - Kid's activity - something physical to run off that kid energy we wish we had.

3 - Snacks - Juice Boxes and Snack Crackers

4 - Gift / Toybox

5 – A Second Trail ride

My observations from GATOR last year
• The 1st trail was just about right.
• The 2nd trail was maybe a little too tight for some
• The lug nut hunt worked well for a wide range of ages – but I think I’m out of lug nuts!
• Toybox stuff was pretty easy w/ the GATOR theme
• Ending was weak – or at least I felt it was – felt like second trail ran too long, too close to lunch and breaking everyone free at the end of the trail just felt ‘odd’.

Where I’m feeling weak this year and would welcome any advice–

Activity? Could do lug nut hunt again, or is that going to get old? What I want / need out of the activity –
1. Something physical to wear the little suckers out
2. Something that works for ages 1-12. This is a hard one and group last year was too small to split into two or more age groups.
3. Something that doesn’t require a bunch of pre-work setting up or at least can be set-up night before and left over night

Toybox Theme? I’m thinking Pirates for some reason. Probably mostly cause I want an excuse to put a big pirate flag on my truck. I guess a theme isn’t necessary, but it makes some of the stuff easier. I have a nice bandana that Willie (the skull on my truck) would love to wear and play pirate for the day 

Lunch? More trouble than it’s worth to try and feed kids and parents baloney sandwiches on the trail? Last time, the second trail took so long it was kind of late for lunch for little kids. So, depending on the trail timing and the trail end location, maybe do lunch?

The second trail we used last year for GATOR was a beginner trail that had just been cut and wasn’t even on the map yet – so maybe it will be more open this year. Course if I know what vehicles are going to be involved and driver and passenger willingness to do harder stuff in advance, maybe I can be more level appropriate. Also gonna try to be their earlier this year for more scouting – I don’t think I’m going to have any occasion to go to SMORR between now and Sept unfortunately.

Anyway – if you got any idea’s, drop me a note….
flag.jpg

That is a scary pirate!

Well, wait till you see the one that's getting painted on the side of the Tripple Secrete Probation Eddition Lexus.... If I can get the wheel wells finished this weekend, I really want to lay out the skull next. Did I mention I'm a walking contradiction?
Death Wagon Lexus.JPG
skull origonal.gif

I think the club could buy some lug nuts as I think the hunt went over very well. A pirate theme for the kids would be fine. Insted of lunch maybe some sort of snack?

I think the club could buy some lug nuts as I think the hunt went over very well. A pirate theme for the kids would be fine. Insted of lunch maybe some sort of snack?

That's kewl on the lug nuts - I wasn't sure if the same thing would get old, but I guess it won't be the same kids and kids like easter every year :)

Last year it was

9am line up and indroduce myself.
9:10 - 2 year old had to run to bathroom - which is just amusing and to be expected.
9:20ish roll out
I think 10:30ish is when we got to the field, maybe earlier -
11:00-11:15 did snacks
The second run ran us till 12:30 or so. I just thought that was a little late to be letting people go fend for themselves on food.

I like the run activity more run deal - maybe I just need to figure out a way that the second run ends up closer to camp. I'm sure the trails have changed quite a bit since last year. An earlier start would be an option, but I'm sure not everyone's kids get up at 6:30am like mine do.

I think the wife and kids will be there the whole time this year, and that now that Oliva's 2 we'll be camping. So maybe I'll just set up a charcoal fire for smores Friday night and let everyone know if they want to discuss the run, to hit me up there - take care of some of the intro's there.

Maybe I just over think it all too much. Just alot of peoples opinions of me and the event can be shaped in this 1/2 day. Last year I let that idea put alot of pressure on me, and fortunately I was rewarded with many thank yous and a request to do it again. At least if it was a failure last year I wouldn't have anything to live up to!

Anyone wanna be tailgunner for a slightly nurotic, wholely obsessive compulsive trail leader :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom