Vendor ( UPDATED NEW Product ) The Sands of Time Rewind NOW that GOLD ZINC SEMS #7 Stamped Bolt Heads HERE ! 100% MADE IN JAPAN ( NEW PRODUCT RELEASE ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The yellow chromate is what gives it the yellow color and is a finish that goes over the plating; I'm going to assume plain old zinc then.

PLEASE DON't assume .........

let me get the facts first , i AM NOT A CHEMIST ,.......

but i will post and PM you when JAPAN reply's , just emailed them

thansk

The yellow chromate is what gives it the yellow color and is a finish that goes over the plating; I'm going to assume plain old zinc then.

JAPAN REPLIED :

this is copy and paste word for word :

@tstepp920

Chromate Plating: The general name for chromate is also called "colored chromate". Chromate consists of a two-layer coating with electrogalvanization on the base. As a manufacturing method, a chromate film is formed by immersing it in a solution containing hexavalent chromium as the main component over electrogalvanization. The chromate-treated material has an iridescent greenish golden appearance and excellent corrosion resistance.

so , mr. @wormfood ,

can you please elaborate if this answers your initial question 100% please one way or the next ?

since i have introduced the FIRST ever exclusive STAMPED Numbers JIS hardware to the land cruiser community as a whole

, that alone is something very interesting ,............

in my opinion , its the highest quality plating i have ever seen period ! 😇 :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

matt

Last edited:
The sad thing is this hardware is all over the country at Toyota (and honduh and Nissan) manufacturing facilities. I worked at a plant here in KY one summer and they had bins upon bins upon bins of the real deal JIS hardware. Just not available to employees or the public.

The sad thing is this hardware is all over the country at Toyota (and honduh and Nissan) manufacturing facilities. I worked at a plant here in KY one summer and they had bins upon bins upon bins of the real deal JIS hardware. Just not available to employees or the public.

NOT in yellow dicromate finish its not , toyota is 100% silver zinc now and galvanized too

stamped numbers JIS heads were phased out even before i started my first year of T-TEN in 1992 fall

they use a small dots on the heads now , like this :

1616672131624.png

JAPAN REPLIED :

this is copy and paste word for word :

@tstepp920

Chromate Plating: The general name for chromate is also called "colored chromate". Chromate consists of a two-layer coating with electrogalvanization on the base. As a manufacturing method, a chromate film is formed by immersing it in a solution containing hexavalent chromium as the main component over electrogalvanization. The chromate-treated material has an iridescent greenish golden appearance and excellent corrosion resistance.

so , mr. @wormfood ,

can you please elaborate if this answers your initial question 100% please one way or the next ?

since i have introduced the FIRST ever exclusive STAMPED Numbers JIS hardware to the land cruiser community as a whole

, that alone is something very interesting ,............

in my opinion , its the highest quality plating i have ever seen period ! 😇 :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

matt
Not really, they're still talking about the chromate finish that goes over the plating (or electrogalvanization) which is almost certainly zinc. Zinc-nickel is a more expensive process (but about 5 times as corrosion resistant as regular zinc plating) so I'm sure it would have been made clear if that's what was being used. Nothing wrong with zinc plating, and with a good chromate finish it should last a long time.

Not really, they're still talking about the chromate finish that goes over the plating (or electrogalvanization) which is almost certainly zinc. Zinc-nickel is a more expensive process (but about 5 times as corrosion resistant as regular zinc plating) so I'm sure it would have been made clear if that's what was being used. Nothing wrong with zinc plating, and with a good chromate finish it should last a long time.

i will dig into this topic for you when time allows ,

thanks for your valued feedback and inquire as always :)

matt

UPDATE :

ALL The Latest JIS HARDWARE JUST ARIVED IS ALL ONLY #7 heads

NO more #4 .....

@ToyotaMatt was there a price increase on these? :confused:

Hi Brandon , thanks for the question :)

Yes there is a price difference between my first run or offering and this 2nd run or offering , and i will be transparent and explain why below ..........

- Due to demand and more then a few feedbacks , i ONLY ordered #7 mark heads , NO #4's this time ...........

- #7 heads cost more , simply put ...........

- These Boxes of Bolts are VERY VERY Heavy , and ONLY ship FED EX Express Directly From JAPAN , Shipping Rates or end cost to me the user have JUMPED Globally significantly say over 25% .........Since my first order several months ago

- The Bolts them selves , or product did have a slight price increase like the 8mm and the 10mm mark #7 bolts i ordered before and now , however slight its notable

- Finally .........and this is why im Glad Brandon you asked your question in a professional and friendly way , you have a right to know too ,,,,,!

- ALL of the Above reasons translate into the whole COVID 19 Global supply chain Products and services shortages topic 100%

- FED EX pays nearly DOUBLE foe AIRPLANE JET FUEL now , i looked into the topic hard trust me ...

- There is NO Wharehouse stock on stuff like this its being made to order by SHORT STAFFED Factory's in JAPAN

- Sadly , JAPAN Globally has the LOWEST rate of FULLY Vacinated people , this translates into LOW staff levels at now fully up and running , yet low low yield factory turn out of products

- i waited ONLY 2-3 weeks for the first run order a few months ago , i waited OVER 3 months for this 2nd run , the facts don;t lie here , its REAL !

- I did try to keep ALL the new latest #7 marked head bolts at the best possible price point within reach of ALL land cruiser owner operators , no matter who they are

- ALL the 6mm ones in packs of 25pcs are still and do hover at approx only $1 dollar per bolt , i tried hard to keep this factor alive !

again Brandon Thanks for your Professional Question , i hope i explained the WHY 's on the necessary price increase's in a way u hopefully can understand and makes sense ?

the Global COVID 19 ANYTHING Everywhere price increases is REAL , just turn on CNN News or PUBLIC Radio , its talked about 24/7

kindly matt

as always i am HUMBALLY Grateful for Your and everyone's Support :)

@cruiseroutfit

@cruiserbrett

Last edited:
i want to take a moment here on a personal and professional LEVEL :

FOR the PUBIC RECORD and to the ENTIRE General MEMBERSHIP as a whole , Fellow Supporting VENDORS and the Like .....

ALL the J.I.S. hardware i am now offering with stamped Number Heads #7 #4 #8 etc.

is ALL Sourced and made 100% In JAPAN

NO GreY area here PERIOD !

SADLY it has been brought to my ATTN. that in-fact @Onur , a moderator no less has been running around making claims my stamped mark heads bolts

are from CHINA and being Mis-represented ?

this is nothing less then FALSE facts ...

i will state for the record and base my professional Reputation They are in-fact as i say and NO LESS ...

i
simply can't believe and it defies LOGIC as i understand it why a person in charge of keeping the peace would start Rumors designed to harm and discredit

another Fellow MEMBER and Dedicated SUPPORTING VENDOR in any way with ZERO proof or facts to back it up ?

KNOW THIS :

221004998454_01425 - Copy - Copy.jpg

1629371579837.png

anatomy-skunk-works - Copy - Copy 1 - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom