The SA Door Saga Continues - Felts/weatherstrip?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Continuing the fight on the aftermarket Colombian doors..the inner window rails were all sorts of FUBAR, but I think I've got that sorted. (That's a whole other story in itself, but I digress).

At that point, looked into the felts. I'd ordered some OEM ones, and didn't notice that the mounting is...entirely different/wrong. There are no matching holes for the pin tabs on the OEM on the outer lip, and instead there's some oddball square tabs with a sprinkling of pin mounts. The inner lip is all holes for the pin clips, but at different intervals than OEM... 🤔

They're generally consistent between doors...so it seems like it's just designed for some other felts...but what, I do not know. It's almost like it's designed for this style strip (last photo), at least for the outers...the inners are the same P/N with the wrong hole alignment.

Anyone able to recognize anything?

ws1.jpg

ws2.jpg

ws33.jpg

strips.jpg

It took a month to get my refund from Frank after he received my returned door. Maybe he can get you some Colombian seals / felts?

Was able to just modify the inners a bit - can redrill the holes on those and move the clips. Needed the newer style outers - 68160-90802 - and they clipped in with some minor clip adjustment. They're *very* tight, as the gap between the shells was a bit tight, but they do fit. In some regards, they're a bit better than the older chrome whiskers, as these should keep a bit more out of the door with the wider rubber flange.

Still lots of odd stuff on the SA/Colombian doors, though - lots of holes and channels just done...wrong. I think I'd just try to get the outer skins and reuse the factory inners...I might still try that with my factory doors. I can't just do lower patches, as mine have rust on the outers that goes pretty far up, as well as some around the door handles. But...they might take a full skin ok as the inner held up decently. Might be a good winter project/experiment.

PXL_20211023_222348922.MP.jpg
PXL_20211023_222440008.MP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom