Builds "The Rook" - (re)Build Thread - 2017 LX 570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@AnyMal @TeCKis300 @grinchy @turbo8

If I wanted to do a mild version of this, could I use the parts below?
* Westcott Front and Rear kit
* Turbo8 Rear shock mount
* panhard bar that is adjustable
* Two right rear springs
* Timbren Bumpstops

My concern with trying replicate the awesome work done in this thread is finding a shop to do this and not mess up AHC fittings etc., as well as having to mod sway bar and perhaps CVs or diffs.

@AnyMal @TeCKis300 @grinchy @turbo8

If I wanted to do a mild version of this, could I use the parts below?
* Westcott Front and Rear kit
* Turbo8 Rear shock mount
* panhard bar that is adjustable
* Two right rear springs
* Timbren Bumpstops

My concern with trying replicate the awesome work done in this thread is finding a shop to do this and not mess up AHC fittings etc., as well as having to mod sway bar and perhaps CVs or diffs.

I can't vouch for every part of this as I haven't used for example the westcott kit. Looking at its parts, it should do.

Yes to the Turbo8 rear long travel bracket! This part is magic.

No to the adjustable rear bar. If you lift high enough, what you want is a panhard relocation bracket like the eimkeith or drkdss.

This is arguable, but I don't buy into the rear right springs. It's asymmetric by design likely because of driveshaft torque and/or weight balance of the 200-series. The LC aftermarket springs have left/right specific springs too.

Yes to Timbrens.

Look what I got for Christmas

IMG_5833.jpeg

I can't vouch for every part of this as I haven't used for example the westcott kit. Looking at its parts, it should do.

Yes to the Turbo8 rear long travel bracket! This part is magic.

No to the adjustable rear bar. If you lift high enough, what you want is a panhard relocation bracket like the eimkeith or drkdss.

This is arguable, but I don't buy into the rear right springs. It's asymmetric by design likely because of driveshaft torque and/or weight balance of the 200-series. The LC aftermarket springs have left/right specific springs too.

Yes to Timbrens.
I appreciate you taking the time to address each point.

Any recommendations for UCAs?

I appreciate you taking the time to address each point.

Any recommendations for UCAs?

I don't really buy into UCAs for several reasons.
- OEM is going to be the most durable. By far. There's never been reason to question its strength so aftermarkets are trying to address a perceived weakness that is not there.
- For a street car, OEM bushings are superior for NVH
- Avoiding caster correction via UCA helps keep the most space against the body mount for larger tires.

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom