The Rodney Flush (The Easy Way I Did It) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here's the way I did the Rodney flush. In the procedure, he writes (which I will post below), he says to take off the front driveshaft to gain easier access to the transmission hardline fittings. However, when I did the flush, all I did was disconnect the tranny hose from the passanger side of the radiator and use that point as the drainage or flush point for the old fluid to come out of... I was in the process of installing a transmission cooler and that's what led me to do the flush...
This might help some, not sure but still thought I would post it!

*Remove front skid plate
*Remove the front driveshaft. (I did not do this step but wrather disconnected the trannny hose from the passanger side of the radiator).
*Slide a rubber hose over the fitting and direct it into a bucket.
*Either drain the transmission using the drain plug (or pull the pan and clean the filter which is optional)
*Refill the transmission with 1 and a half gallons of transmission oil (Synthetic Recommended but I used Dex III).
*Start the car in park and hold it at 2000Rpm for 60 seconds and turn off.
*Measure the oil in the bucket to find out transmission flow.
*Add another gallon into transmission. (Engine Off)
*Restart car and let it just idle until the oil changes colour to a nice clean oil, you will need to ad some oil as you are doing this to keep it flowing. Then shut engine off.
*Refit tanny line to passanger side of radiator.
*Restart car and top up the transmission to correct level if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom