The risk you take.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parking in a parking garage. Left a note and number at least.

1000000031.jpg

Parking in a parking garage. Left a note and number at least.

View attachment 3188612
The stuff of nightmares! I hope he/she pays for the repair and that CarFax doesn't register it. Otherwise, I'd ask for money due to diminished value. Uggghhh!!!

From the image it looks like no bent metal, which means it may buff right out..

Bummer. Don't take this the wrong way but unless you reparked, you are right on the line. You may have left them little room to maneuver. I hope it's an easy fix though; door dings and scrapes are so annoying!

Bummer. Don't take this the wrong way but unless you reparked, you are right on the line. You may have left them little room to maneuver. I hope it's an easy fix though; door dings and scrapes are so annoying!
I thought the same thing until realizing via the reflection that they are double lines.

People suck, especially those driving $hitboxes. I see it everyday where we live, no fcuks given as they fling their doors open with complete disregard for what it might hit. I'd be ok with it if I were afforded the full legal right to put my boot to their face as a form of "Even Steven" retribution but I digress. Hopefully that'll buff out.

They were double lines and i was parked perfectly even, he had plenty of room as he was parked perfectly centered and straight as well. Just carelessness on his part. A good guy for leaving a note and hes taking care of it. There is a small dent but should still be an easy repair i think. I have an excellent body shop. Just sucks when your dream car gets whacked. Wheeling pin stripes dont bother me, but this does so Im getting it fixed. I dont care about carfax i drive em till the wheels fall off.
1000000030.jpg

People suck, especially those driving $hitboxes. I see it everyday where we live, no fcuks given as they fling their doors open with complete disregard for what it might hit. I'd be ok with it if I were afforded the full legal right to put my boot to their face as a form of "Even Steven" retribution but I digress. Hopefully that'll buff out.
Sliders have a way of teaching people like that a lesson with most vehicles.

Sliders have a way of teaching people like that a lesson with most vehicles.
I have been thinking of this and metal bumpers because people drive like s*** and just cut you off. I never understood how people can hit a massive vehicle like the 200 series...like how did you not see it...

Sorry to see it happen. After you deal with this repair, +1 for the sliders. I have some with the 15 degree up angle that catch most doors (some trucks not withstanding) in parking lots/garages. A bit of rattle can and you're back looking pristine.

PDR and have it buffed, I wouldn't let a body shop repair that unless there's deep scratches.
How come no body shop? I have an excellent one here. Just asking why. I assume they may just do the PDR and buff if that's all it takes. I'm scheduled for the estimate on Monday.

Sorry to hear. My valet garage damaged mine similarly they fixed it, and they park it in the better section now. I hope yours is back to normal soon!

If it needs paint the job will be at least 2 grand, easily more.

That is exactly the reason I leave my LX suspension on "High" every time I park to go to the store (that and the pair of MT sliders that I have on 🤭)

I agree with the comment above PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) and buff should remedy the issue

Keep us posted how it turned out 🤞

Got a big dent in my d-pillar near the roofline in the home depot parking lot. From the height of the dent, I'm guessing someone with a ladder rack or lumber on their roof backed into it. :mad::mad::mad:

That sucks!

He reported to his insurance so they are covering repair and a rental. Will get estimate monday. Definately will qualify me for some bud built sliders with dimples up i have been eyeing up!

How come no body shop? I have an excellent one here. Just asking why. I assume they may just do the PDR and buff if that's all it takes. I'm scheduled for the estimate on Monday.
PDR folks can work magic. The fact that they're keeping your original paint intact and not introducing aftermarket paint means that PDR will look completely original and probably last longer. It also costs waaaaay less. From what I understand, insurance companies won't put the incident on your vehicle record if it's repairable with PDR. (Source: me, when I had my insurance pay for PDR hail repair on my commuter car. The PDR shop said this was the case, and sure enough, insurance never put a mark on my vehicle's history record. Could be different for non-hail damage, but that's not what the shop said.)

Also, I'm not aware of any normal body shops around where I live that do PDR - and I'd guess that's the same where you are. The PDR folks always seem to have their own stand-alone business. But I could be wrong, I've only looked into this once before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom