The right Lift for 37s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mudders,
Looking at changing up my current lift. It’s a Procomp that came with the truck from Japan.
Really looking hard at the Delta lift kits, as I want to do new arms as well. Of course looking at the Slinky, but they don’t do a complete kit.

On my 94 I had an OME 4” lift and ran 37MTs to wheel and 35ATs to overland and in the winter. On the next truck, my 97, I ran an ICON lift and 35s. I really liked the way the ICON handled over my OME lift, but I’d like the flexibility of running bigger rubber when I go for a valley run with the guys.

Has anyone put together a lift that really handles well on 37s? I haven’t built a cruiser since 2014 so I know there’s some new options and threads I’ve been missing….but I didn’t find what I was looking for with the search function.

I currently have 4" Dobinson Flexi coils, with 3 inches cut out of the front fenders and half shot bushings I can stuff 37s in the front. If you're willing to trim 3" will do fine. Planning to bite the bullet and 3 link the front soon.

You really need to search and read and do whats best for your setup. There is no way anyone can suggest anything that would work well from your post because of the amount of variables, Good news is the market has come a loooonng ways since 2014. Nothing against slinky but don't even waste your time, your not going to get a slinky setup at this point, even after they have sorted the distribution issue, your parts would sit at port for months with the holidays coming.

Slinky is very difficult to find right now. Delta offers their ICON kits but what plans do you have for your rig behind large tires? I’ve read enough posts of people complaining the ICON springs are too soft and sag quite a bit after adding some armor. DVS also deals Dobinsons hardware now so maybe they can set you up with a full ICON kit and Dobbie springs(?). Plenty of people running 37s with many different setups.

Here you go, 26 pages of good info.

I installed the full DVS kit, but had to change out the Icon springs - They didn't do well with the weight of my truck. Replaced with Dobinson's 3.5" front, 3" rear tapered and run 37s with no trimming with the addition of 1" spacers all the way around. 1" spacers are coming out which will require a minor trim at the back corner of the front wheel wells for full lock on articulation. Also had to run 1.5" wheel spacers to keep the tires off the frame on full stuff.

i am running icon 3" lift with 1" spacers all around on 37s and it works ok on lighter loads. I have since replaced my rear with Slinky HD 3.5" and it is much better now. Here Here is a pic of how it sits.
20210811_093939 (1).jpg

Found what I needed it was buried deep.

i am running icon 3" lift with 1" spacers all around on 37s and it works ok on lighter loads. I have since replaced my rear with Slinky HD 3.5" and it is much better now. Here Here is a pic of how it sits.
View attachment 2815705

Perfect thanks guys, the last two posts gave me the steer I needed. I found the shocks, just hunting down springs now. No the best time to be building one, but gotta make it happen when you can.

i run dob flexi fronts with 1 inch spacers (should have gone 4 inch) and now slee HD rears with a 1.5 body lift

very happy with the setup.

Things are a little hard to come by right now, but I found Dobinsons 3.5 VT Springs and ICON 3' Shocks. Little worried the ICON Shocks won't be long enough.

Also after speaking with Nay 17x8.5 wheels with about 4” of backspace is about the sweet number...those don't exist so looking at 4.25. Any opinions on if those will rub.

Things are a little hard to come by right now, but I found Dobinsons 3.5 VT Springs and ICON 3' Shocks. Little worried the ICON Shocks won't be long enough.

Also after speaking with Nay 17x8.5 wheels with about 4” of backspace is about the sweet number...those don't exist so looking at 4.25. Any opinions on if those will rub.
4” of lift. 37x12.50 on 17x8.5 wheels with a 4.5” backspace. Couldn’t be more perfect if you ask me. Pics of flex not the greatest, and none of front, but no rubbing with 2” bumpstops.
48A77A5F-2BC1-4E4D-93C0-4CCE3E194A41.jpeg

22A77CE5-5A33-44F3-82E9-A4A78A578E71.jpeg

90CC1C03-C5F2-45A4-9FE2-461D6B30749A.jpeg

Slees full 6” kit and swap the 6” coils for 4” coils. Running the icon 2.5 cdcv 4”-6” shocks and 30mm trim packers up front. Works like a charm with 37’s

AD804A1E-29D2-407B-BB8B-2E5002B9259E.jpeg

91E69EA8-C7C4-4B49-9597-CDA36002027E.jpeg

Instead of making fun of multiple posts that show there stuff do you own thing.

Instead of making fun of multiple posts that show there stuff do you own thing.
It’s not making fun. If you’re going to take full advantage of the travel that 80s offer. You’re going to have to trim with 37s no matter what. You can run a 2” lift or a 4” lift. It’ll rub either way, unless you decrease the up travel with bump stops

It’s not making fun. If you’re going to take full advantage of the travel that 80s offer. You’re going to have to trim with 37s no matter what. You can run a 2” lift or a 4” lift. It’ll rub either way, unless you decrease the up travel with bump stops
Are you serious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom