The Ride Back from Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The ride back was rather uneventful, zero law enforcement get togethers - if you know what I mean. Averaged 17mpg on the way back. I had a local Toyota stealership install the recommended plugs for the supercharger and boy did he give some grief about installing them. I told him that TRD says to use these plugs, it is specified on the S/C to use them and yes I know they are only rated to 30K miles, he persisted on wanting to use the iridium plugs, but in the final analysis we used the TRD plugs. I also installed a TRD thermostat, I am not sure if I am happy about its performance, more to follow on that one.

Oh yea, my wife saw the new truck in the driveway and I am happy she did not kneecap me with her .22;)

John

I was going to tell her that I was going to buy a new LC, and then some crap was hitting the fan around the house, then there was XMAS eve, XMAS day/dinner, my birthday, and a 5 week TDY to Maxwell AFB and there was never a good time to tell her that we had a new LC. I stashed it over at the detailer for a week or so and then I drove down to AL, I swapped all of my stuff in a parking lot and left my VW there for 5 weeks.
The morning after I got back, she got out of bed before me and when she was opening the blinds, I heard my 4 year say "mommy, what's so funny?" and the rest is history. There was not immediate acceptance of the rig. After explaining the method behind the madness, we moved out of the denial stage into the acceptance stage.
Ironically, the battery had died in her RX and she got to drive "Big Green" for a week while I was gone and she had a lot of positive comments about the 80. In the end, the 80 has to go, I do not have room for 4 cars in the driveway, and really, there is no need to have 4 cars in the stable, unless I get the 911 back :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear you made it home safe.
How we looking for this weekend??

We are good to go for this weekend, I have Friday and Monday off as well. Give me a call when you can.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom