The Quest for more power

Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
30
Location
Vancouver BC
Looking to squeeze some more ponies out of my BJ 74. I have acouple of questions.

1 How do you increase fuel pressure on the 13b t


2 Can anyone recommend a turbo boost controller, want to up the
boost pressure a couple PSI


3 would adjusting injector pump timing increase power

Ive already installed an external transmission cooler and oil cooler, I have a boost and exhaust guage ready for install.

Thinking of propane injection

I have a water to air intercooler from a Celica turbo, not sure if Im going to use it. An air to air intercooler works the best but with limited space I not too sure where Im going to install it.

If any one has a tips or critisims please feel free to let me know.

Thanks alot Travis
 
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
3,794
drive a 3b for a while, then go back to the 13BT, the increase in power will be amazing :)
I think propane is the way to go, talk to wayne...
j
 

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation
Moderator
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
6,616
Location
North West Ontario
headlite said:
Looking to squeeze some more ponies out of my BJ 74. I have acouple of questions.

1 How do you increase fuel pressure on the 13b t


2 Can anyone recommend a turbo boost controller, want to up the
boost pressure a couple PSI


3 would adjusting injector pump timing increase power


Thanks alot Travis
Many threads about this, try Grainger valve in the search and also PI for propane injection.Also talk to Crushers about this, he sells the units for your cruiser.

You don't want to touch the injector pump timing . but you can increase the fuel. for the boost all you need is to interupt the line between the intake and wastegate, lessen the air the valve stays closed longer. any valve will do this.

some guys block off the line completely, although I am not that brave....

good luck and good searching, welcome to the board.....
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
30
Location
Vancouver BC
Hey wayne, if you read this posting, PM my the price of your bikini tops for the BJ 74 and on a propane kit. Thanks alot
 

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
23,391
Location
Panamá
I go first with more PSI, and propane inyection, before touch any in the Diesel pump ( lineal .. ? )
 

crushers

post ho
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
22,188
Location
Tara Ontario
headlite said:
Hey wayne, if you read this posting, PM my the price of your bikini tops for the BJ 74 and on a propane kit. Thanks alot
the bikini tops are $225 and fit REAL nice. check with Greg, he mihgt have one forsale since he never installed his.
the PI is $750 CND landed to your door, you need to supply the tank(s)
cheers
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
4,521
I really am not sure what I doing with that kit yet...so will hang onto it for a while...thanks!

Before going propane, etc, I would do a few things if you have not already.

1) Injectors looked at and rebuilt if required.
2) Time the injection pump
3) Get fresh air to the engine...snorkle
4) Allow that air to escape (2.5" exhaust-with free flow muffler...if any).
5) Bump the boost, and adjust fuel, using the pyro and a really steep hill to adjust.

Got to run...more later.

gb
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
2,091
Jan-78FJ40 said:
drive a 3b for a while, then go back to the 13BT, the increase in power will be amazing :)
I think propane is the way to go, talk to wayne...
j

LOL, I agree you want more power, buy a new motor, or a new truck.

I like my 3B power she's an old girl, but shes got alot more love to give.
 
Top Bottom