The proverbial barn find. 1964 FJ45L Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few things to note. That "F.D" button - hens teeth. Any weatherstripping outside of the windshield, start baby'ing it now. Engine photos? Any luck you have a blue big window Aisin on there? If not a gray? That would be the next hard to find piece. Brings back some great memories.
Dang, I meant to respond to you but I got distracted... No such luck on the carb. More photos of her original state, and my progress: LC - 1964 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45L - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVzn8Ns

Excellent work, you guys clearly know what your doing! How’d you fix the driver‘s side floorboard? Are you keeping the added coil springs in the rear?

Excellent work, you guys clearly know what your doing! How’d you fix the driver‘s side floorboard? Are you keeping the added coil springs in the rear?
Yeah it looked like some neanderthal took an air chisel to the floor board to get access underneath. I patched it back together with J-B Weld epoxy putty after getting down to the bare metal. I probably wont keep the added coil springs. The truck was made into a tow truck in the '60s, before my family bought it. The springs must have been added so that it could take the weight of the towed vehicles. In any event, they aren't needed anymore. There is added weight in the rear due to the rear PTO winch but I think the leafs alone should be able to handle it.

I’d check out CityRacer’s (aka @Racer65) weatherstripping for doors. I know the 73-74 reproduction weatherstripping he sells is NLA in OEM. 73-74 is a nicer fit than the earlier years.

Does anyone know if the bug catcher doors are the same other than the top of the door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom