The Perfect Land Cruiser: The FJ Company's Reimagined And Modernized Take of A Classic SUV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Douche I am then. I want to add an approach camera too. 😆

I forgive you. I assume you mean for seeing the trail ahead.

Or do you mean to watch yourself walk up to your own vehicle?:flipoff2:

I forgive you. I assume you mean for seeing the trail ahead.

Or do you mean to watch yourself walk up to your own vehicle?:flipoff2:

To see a stump, rock, or whatever.

And to check my makeup in....

I was a wowed by Jonathon Ward's work back in the 1990's. I saw some very well done complete restorations on rare stuff almost every time I swung by the old shop in Van Nuys. Now I very much dislike what they do. Proffit's, The FJ Company, TLC4x4, etc. are all pretty much the same. They're top dollar parts assemblers with a body shop. I am much more impressed by what I see done here on Mud by unskilled folks who start out with a bucket of rusty bolts and turn it into something treasured and useful.

I'll sum it up this way: If you need a rear camera on a 40 (or 43) which has just about perfect visibility in every direction then you're a douche.

Douche I am then. I want to add an approach camera too. 😆

Hahaha as someone who added front and rear cameras to their fj60....

this is pretty accurate 🤣

What they're asking for (around $200k), and where they build the trucks (Columbia), I'd rather buy an Icon, if I had money to burn. At least it's built in the US.

What they're asking for (around $200k), and where they build the trucks (Columbia), I'd rather buy an Icon, if I had money to burn. At least it's built in the US.

Hello,

Like Icons, these trucks are 40 Series just in name.

Keep in mind that, fancy build details aside, labor is cheaper than parts down there. How well paid are their mechanics?

A well-paid mechanic is the difference between a reliable truck and a lipstick job.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom