The painful 250k trip. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a friend and i decided spur of the moment to head to obx after work one night. drove down just fine, surfed for 3 hours in the morning then a lovely hose("PHH") behind the engine went and i overheated my engine. I got a tow to a toyota dealership an hour away some how, they managed to get it all fixed in 2.5 hours. Kinda stinks but oh well, i got home and the truck tripped 250k....i'll post again when i get 300k.

BD
30389200_100218630_0.jpeg

don't you love trips like that.

oh yea, it was soo fun. good learning experience though, my parents were proud...never called them once and just told the story a day after i got home so at leasti got a few brownie points and the phh is out of the way....next up.....birfields

Your parents seem easily impressed...do it yourself next time and see what they do. ;)

Safado said:
Your parents seem easily impressed...

Wow, no kidding. What do you do to maintain such low expectations??

[insert Brian Regen impersonation here]... "Hey Mawww... da car broke down.. and I, I, I got da car fixed".

:D

Cruiserhead05 said:
my parents were proud...never called them once and just told the story a day after i got home so at leasti got a few brownie points and the phh is out of the way....next up.....birfields

Good for you, big step not calling mom and dad. :cheers:

Cruiserhead05,
I have also had the displeasure of needing a tow while at the obx.
Getting anything done out there is a real challenge. Strange place on the edge of the world.
Man you should have done that PHH fix yourself 50k ago.
I haven't done mine either but thank you some renewed motivation.
Parents alway like to hear stories like these after you have successfully navigated through lifes gotchas. Makes them proud they raised you and glad they did have to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom