The Other Dash Mounted Knob Brake Controllers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do we have any users of either of these brake controllers on the forums? I have used the Tekonsha P3 for years and it is by far the most comfortable brake controller I have used. I know the redarc is hip and popular around here. I have used the redarc and have no interest in using another one. I am interested in the Dash knob options from curt and tekonsha though.

The Curt Spectrum Trailer Brake Controller

and the Tekonsha Prodigy iD Brake Controller

I've used the Tekonsha for years prior to the RedArc Elite V3 which I installed for the first time in my LC back in 2021. I did not even know about the remote Prodigy iD controller.

My experience with the Tekonsha P3 was that they work great until they stop working, thus I have purchased a few replacements. over the years for my prior Tahoe and Sequoia. My prior experience with Curt controllers was that they were junk compared to the Tekonsha products. All this said, I've not noticed any issues with the Elite and don't miss any features of the P3.

I installed the Reese towpower iq. It shares power harness with Tekonsha, and I suspect electronics too, though I didn’t dig too deep into the Cequent parent company.

The towpower is not quite as advanced as the red arcs (Reese box requires it be oriented front/back vs any old way), but it is a fair bit less expensive and proportional.

image.jpg

I really wanted the prodigy ID since the redarc doesnt have bluetooth. However there was not a good place i could see to mount it in my cabin.
I do like the white led lit and simple knob with large readout. It looks factory ish.

The way the redarc fit in my blank is just perf. And it was $100 cheaper too, not that i wont pay for toys when it works out well...

Yeah I looked at that one too. It would fit in a switch blank, same as the redarc does I think. It is expensive, and aside from the BT app, had all the same features as the Reese product (which absolutely looks hokier though, not that you can see it in my install).

I had the Curt Spectrum in my GX and I really liked it. Easy to use, looked cool and did a great job as a brake controller. In my 200 I went with Redarc. It works well, but I think I might still prefer the Curt bc I could tell if it was working or not due to the lights.

Yeah I looked at that one too. It would fit in a switch blank, same as the redarc does I think. It is expensive, and aside from the BT app, had all the same features as the Reese product (which absolutely looks hokier though, not that you can see it in my install).

I always thought that knob would protrude over the blank space and around to the surrounding buttons?
Has anyone got one IRL on MUD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom