The 'Original Spark Plug Wires' Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, replaced my ignition stuff today, and made a special note of checking the year on the old wires.

Not that unusual a discovery with FJ60s, from what I've read, but it's not something you find with most cars; worn out, but still functional 26-year-old spark plug wires with 202,000 miles on them. Yeesh.

I'm actually feeling kind of bad about the Denso wires I got. They're nicer than the OEM ones I had on my old cherokee, but they still feel kinda flimsy compared to the original factory wires. Oh well, I'm only out $25 if they die early, and I can get a set of the $75 OEM wires.

So did you notice a difference in feel in terms of power/smoothness with the new wires?

I never felt a difference when I replaced mine about two years ago.

I might have even saved them as spares because they didn't fall apart :D

Yeah. The Yazaki ones are the ones that were still working just fine after all those years.

As for how it's running with the new ones...better, but I can't really tell if it's the wires, or the plugs, or the cap, or the rotor. Probably a little of each? Point is, much better throttle response now, and it feels like it has a little more power too.

Are the Denso 8mm ?

I read a post yesterday about the year being printed on original oem wires. I went out and looked and sure enough I have the original wires. 1986. I think I will by some replacement tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom