The Official Post-Spring Meeting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sporin

Site Addict
Threads
Website
www.ukemafia.com
A HUGE thanks to Josh & Greg at Dr. CUstom Werx for hosting us at their shop in Troy and for the pre-run work on the Swanzey property.

Meeting went like this....

Called to Order.

No new Officer nominations. All current Officers carried over:
President: Dave Morin
VP: Sheri Becker
Treasurer: Jason Shumate
Secretary: Jim Casagrande

Discussion of Fall Gathering, need for volunteers, etc.

Discussion of possible co-event with FJ Northeasters (FJNE)

Club was notified of a dues update. New yearly dues will be $25 per member and there will no longer be a free tshirt for first time members. This was not a votable item (per bylaws) but there were no objections.

Meeting adjourned.

Lunch.

Wheeling.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting us Josh!

Swanzey will be an option but i want to warn everyone it is almost guaranteed to be wet and slippery on wombus pass making it a pretty hard trail. i will know better the condition of the trail as the date nears but with what i know from last year (i promise i ran that trail twice as much as anyone!) i would give it a trail rating of 33s locked/locked or 35s locked in rear. it's a bear after all these clubs and locals have run it! there are more than enough trails to meet every ones skill level. i mean everyone.

Hell yeah, I'll have my new 35" meats on by may and (hopefully) my front end issues. Looking forward to this, let's get people talking about it!

We WILL be able to run at Swanzey after the meeting. The terrain there varies from wild to mild so we should have a little something for everyone but BE PREPARED for sloppy conditions.

You will need to travel over the road to get there so please be LEGAL if you choose to do this. I'm not sure what there is for trailer parking, perhaps Lane or Josh could elaborate.

We WILL be able to run at Swanzey after the meeting. The terrain there varies from wild to mild so we should have a little something for everyone but BE PREPARED for sloppy conditions.

You will need to travel over the road to get there so please be LEGAL if you choose to do this. I'm not sure what there is for trailer parking, perhaps Lane or Josh could elaborate.

Trailer parking is in Swanzey, same place where we parked for the FG. 7 miles from Josh's
shop. I would guess that with the number of members who will show up that parking at Josh's
will be tight.

Good point Lane, car pooling is always welcome to alleviate some of the congestion.

As much as we all love to wheel lets try to keep the focus on the MEETING with the wheeling as a nice dessert. As with every spring meeting, we have a lot of ground to cover from a business standpoint and we'll need input and votes on a number of issues from membership (agenda tba)

Speaking of which... GET INVOLVED! if anyone is interested in running for Club Office please contact me directly sporin AT gmail DOT com We will also have signups for a number of Fall Gathering related posts at the meeting.

Thank you everyone.

Good point Lane, car pooling is always welcome to alleviate some of the congestion.

As much as we all love to wheel lets try to keep the focus on the MEETING with the wheeling as a nice dessert. As with every spring meeting, we have a lot of ground to cover from a business standpoint and we'll need input and votes on a number of issues from membership (agenda tba)

Speaking of which... GET INVOLVED! if anyone is interested in running for Club Office please contact me directly sporin AT gmail DOT com We will also have signups for a number of Fall Gathering related posts at the meeting.

Thank you everyone.

I'll run for the YT club wine sommelier.

I hope this will be an early morning meeting to have time to cover everything and to make sure we have plenty of time later for dessert......I really like dessert :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom