1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Odd Couple

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 89GASHOG, Jul 21, 2005.

1. 89GASHOG

89GASHOG

What's this? Newt Gingrich and Hillary Clinton collaborating on a health care reform proposal? Wonders never cease. Good for you, Newt! Here's a bit of the news:

"....Gingrich said he now supports a key proposal that that Mrs. Clinton had offered more than a decade ago, when she proposed creating a single system for medical billing so that all insurers and providers would be able to use similar procedures and save time.

She compared it to the bar codes on food packages that allow grocery store clerks to quickly scan them for a price.

"I thought this was a no-brainer," Clinton said ruefully. "This one thing ignited an incredible reaction."

Even while calling for bipartisan effort, Gingrich said his conservative beliefs have not moved drastically.

"I'm not quite sure I'm ready to join the mushy middle," he said.

2. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Some interesting moves on Hillary's part lately.

She recently (and it seems to be the big story during the past couple days) against video game software companies for putting out explicit (hidden) portions of games -- Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas to be specific.

Seems to me it would be something that someone from the Republican party would've taken up arms against this rather than someone from the Democat side.

:popcorn: :beer:
    just watching the grand chess game at play...

3. 89GASHOG

89GASHOG

Yup, she may be trying to position herself more favorably for a presidential run. The chess game continues. IMO, she wouldn't stand a chance, but what do I know?

4. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Agreed. The country's not quite ready for a female prez...not yet anyhow.

When we do elect a female president, I'd bet a couple $mil it won't be Hillary.

What would you call her husband, assuming she's married? First Gentleman? First Husband? Would he host teas?