The NEW Reproduction 27700-56040 24V Externally Mounted Voltage Regulator Canada Spec. 03/1978-06/1980 BJ40LV-KCJK CND, VAN, B, 4F, VKC, RB JAPAN part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
The NEW Reproduction

27700-56040 24V Externally Mounted Voltage Regulator

Canada Spec.

03/1978-06/1980

BJ40LV-KCJK CND, VAN, B, 4F, VKC, RB

JAPAN parts sourced Base Platform ....

(1.6).png

i was approached by a fellow member here in DIESEL Tech if i had this part # voltage regulator , well ....................

27700-56040

sadly no i did not ?

that started a journey down a new and exciting path where i have not wandered before ?

i simply want to document this event process for the MUD Archives so one day in the future another fellow member in search of a TECHNIVAL OEM by the FSM parts

needed solution may benefit and not suffer wondering when , if and how ever again .........

i had never heard of this particular Unit before let alone seen one at all ?

it is a unicorn rare as it gets with a limited production dates window and even more limited destination market as well

lets take a ride and rewind the Sands of Time ........

@CenTXFJ60 :) :beer:

7142713484435816968_1.png

photos in detail of the original 27700-56040 NipponDenso unit , i will say i think it was the original PLANT A-11 Installed unit for sure , just from my

experience in what i do know and have done , it looks original , old , crusty and well age and time have had there way with it ?

1629373129297.png

1629373153209.png

1629373191371.png

i want to give a big shout out to @fdeltat !

not only was he a solid client to work for , he also was a TEAM player and provided all the tech photos i needed asap tp allow me to remain efficent and focus at the task at hand

its nothing less then a Unique & Humble Privilege to serve others in the nitch way i can and do , simply put Thanks brother ............ :) :beer:

old skool toyota 2.jpeg

ok back to the TECH :

i have a stock pile , a life time of acquiring NOS parts etc , i have tons of the OVAL green 2.8mm yazaki First generation sealed SPLAH PROOF connectors and signature red

o-rings from my years of FJ40 late modle Tail lamps upgrades and updates mods and repairs , that was the easy part no less ......text book YAZAKI JAPAN spec. 411

however ?

i only have in-stock NipponDenso 5 wire 24V regulators and other 6 wires ones that simply don't jive with what he had in photos ?

nothing close

i have Modified many 6.3mm terminals 24V regulators in my life usually from a 6 pin square connector to the round barrel 2.8mm 6pin some might be familiar with ?

but the
27700-56040 platform is much different

its a HYBRID animal !

with teeth no less !

then my Sput-nick moment !

i just ordered in a pile of various NEW ERA JAPAN made regulators weeks earlier , but had not even opened the box yet ?

i grabbed my Milwaukee Razor and opened that box faster then a 18 pack of rolling rock !

one by one no solid match ?

then a the bottom a winner was found .............

close enough for further study anyway ?

OLD DENSO 27700-56040 below :

Take note last image , I gave instructions to apply low odor mineral spirits to clean up wires , but more more and crutalky important

low odor mineral spirits for those who don’t know will bring back and POP COLORS

and improve Toyota color coded tracer stripes wire like nobody’s business it’s NoS in a
restore can !

Literally… :beer: :)

NEW ERA JAPAN unit Below Here now :

Last edited:
Ok , now we have a solid confirmed match !

LET the games begin and the PHUN part happen naturally .............

NOTE the HEAT PRESS Marks deprsssions from the Original Clear weather Sleeve applied in JAPAN Factory ,looks bad but it was very very minor to the naked eye , in addition all would be below and under the NEW Black YAZAKI weather BOOT nesseled around the connector housing as a BOOT seal; out water

Mighty Snappy Factory GRADE Style Crimps i must say :smokin:

Last edited:
And a few hours later , Finally : :rolleyes:

HOUSTON , " The TEq Has Landed "

mega_watermark_53379697 - Copy - Copy111.jpg

Re-Used the new Weather BOOT as best i could , better is better then nothing at all ...........:D

Last edited:
if anyone has 24V hybrid or run of the mil Repurpose or reproduction photos of any 24V Denso or NON oem JAPAN ones BRING them ON ! :cool:

so there's a Irony and Oliver - TWIST here to document for the future ARCHIVES as well , you won't believe your eyes so look twice and do a double take

because i did , and still have NO answer what so ever on this last details of TECH photos :

if anyone knows WHY the Regulator is a 6 WIRE and the Original Wire harness NOT molested in any way shape or form , has ONLY 5 wires turns out Bring on the TECH 411 please

note the Factory Installed White NYLON , Terminal Bay BOOT Delete Plug thing :

its a Trip down ZERO info online ZONE ?

In my final due diligence i thought i awt of check in on the harness side connector and the alternator or generator one too

make sure no issues down the line so to speak :

this is whats what ?

I can conclude 💯 % this is factory and not a PO mod in any way

Yazaki or Toyota never have offered that white push pin delete plug as a service part ever

I have hunted fir them more then once

I think it would be kool to have a big bag just to say I do …..

so , would my 5 Wire NipponDenso Units of works here instead ?

You BET they would of 100% solid ..........

Moral of the
27700-56040 Story time line chain of events ?
the VINTAGE LAND CRUISER CLASS of LIFE is Always in Session , ................ 🤔

Last edited:
View attachment 2763867

excellent tech.
what is the purpose of the blue wire coming out of
the VR?

THANK YOU FOR the KIND words , its always very personally kool when new uncharted territory is Breached in a FSM by the book way ....

Radio NOISE FILTER / CONDENSOR

client opted out we did not know if 12v and 2v ones were different ?

also

he did not have a old skool radio to worry about

i DO have the NOS Condensers , and the BUTT connectors to hand make them if need be on a future one PERIOD correct

These are 12v ones , after the fact i dug a bit and i think they are no different 12v and 24V ?

Last edited:
Here is my 5 wire Genuine NipponDenso 24v unit

the presence of the big black w / yellow wires capacitor thing ?

would make me shy away from its unknow purpose

I would use the new era Japan platform again due to its clone like clear path status

I have a call into my Japan Denso rep to see if I can acquire a 6 wire NipponDenso unit ?

but he joked and said who do u think makes NEW Era units ?

I think I got the joke ….

the quality of the japan made new era was exactly equal to a NipponDenso japan unit in my opinion. ….

Last edited:
super neat!

I always wondered what the unattended blue wire coming from the VR was intended for. (25+ years!)

thank you for taking the time,
much appreciated.

super neat!

I always wondered what the unattended blue wire coming from the VR was intended for. (25+ years!)

thank you for taking the time,
much appreciated.

glad to help , :)

others have helped me so very much here on mud

its what we do , pay forward one thread post at a time , in ways we can , or at least i try to in anyway i can ............

(1.1) - Copy.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom