The "new" FJ (Pic) and my intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to all, my name is Chris.

This is mostly a test to make sure I can post pics here. And I figured I would show off the FJ a little 'cause I am the new guy. Thank you to you all that have helped me so much this week with my newb. questions! I picked up this '80 last week for my daily driver.

849705_28_full.jpg

849705_26_full.jpg

849705_29_full.jpg

Welcome Chris; I've got an '80 also. If u have any questions feel free to ask. I noticed that the rear wing windows are closed, meaning that the latches work. I had one break on me, plastic failed. SOR carries them, but they are used, I could never find new factory (OEM) latches, think they are out of production. See if it has the orig (OEM) distributor (19100-61101), triangular cap, two vents. Its $675 from Toyota dealer. I'm doing resto work on mine now. There is xmas presents inside the loom wiring if u don't have air cond.

David in Denver

you buy it from Wimberly in Texas?

is that a 45 just to the right, next to that other thing in the third picture?

Last edited:
I was down there last weekend and saw that you hadn't picked it up yet, got to check it out. Nice man. Where u be at? They had a couple others there available but just a bit overpriced though. That one you got there seemed like the best deal they had on the lot. Nice pick man, it would have likely been mine if I was a week earlier, Ha. It's aight cuz I found the right one the next day. Hey man I hope to see ya on the trail someday. Laters and welcome.

I am in Katy (Houston) right now. I picked it up last Friday, actually, lol. I talked them into doing quite a bit of work to the rig before I picked it up too. They seem like a couple of good guys to deal with.

They even shimed the rear leafs and greased all the bushings before I picked it up.

Ya they been doin it a while and are pretty good guys. I sold em some parts from my old 40. They just know that they can charge alot of money and people will pay it, hey it's business. As I said earlier though it seemed like you got a great deal on that one, and I would have taken it if it were me.

I think this is going to chat though, so hurry. jk

Nice rig!, but please give us more pictures....And welcome :beer:

Watch out!!! You are going to get FJ-itis and before you know it your driveway will look like the lot you bought it from. I just bought my second one and would love to have more, but fortunately I have a smart wife who keeps me under control.

Welcome!!!!

yeah, prolly, been on Ebat a few times, wants like 10K for it.....and its kinda sad shape I recall

Oh and congrats on the fj40 :cheers:

Plowboy said:

Nice Rig.

Now where is Poser asking why this is in the Tech Section? He must be sleeping at the wheel.......

Plowboy said:
why yes it is...

so, looks like you got a nice rig...what's your first project?

Thanks for the comments folks. I feel pretty good about the price seeing as the brothers at Wimberly installed new lifetime WARN hubs and tie rods for FREE before I picked up the rig! It is the best running carbed engine I have ever driven. A quick flick of the key when it is ice cold and she fires up instantly with no throttle! I have never had a carb (except on my '83 Toyota PU) that was this nice.

It is officially my daily driver and have driven it to work in Houston everyday this week. The only problem it seems to have other than the minor junk is a leaking pinon seal on the rear diff.

My first project? hmmmmm Well, I picked up a bikini top and a Tuffy console today so I get get the top off of her ASAP. Then it will be cutting out the rear fenders and flairing them to stuff the 35's properly and a serious buffer and compound workout on the old paint.

I have already got the FJ-itis pretty freakin' bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom